Muskyman

Painting or stenciling fins

Hi Guys,

I did a search for this in the forums but came up dry. I was wondering if any of you can give me any tips on how to add those translucent, see through types of fins that I've been seeing on a lot of the baits like Tiggers. I was trying to figure out if they were done this by a stencil or an adhesive tape form, but am stumped on how you make them see through.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-The Muskyman

Thanks Guys for all your suggestions.

I was actually able to work it out nicely from some of your suggestions added with a stroke of imagination from myself. I added the fins on by using stencil cut craft tissue paper, some light coloured, some transparent depending on the lure, then using a lead pencil stroked on the fin thread lines. Once clear coated it worked great.

Cheers! The Muskyman!

I use a stencil...I design a fin I like... draw in on heavy weight paper, cut it out, then, lightly airbrush it with tranparent paint on the bait but, hit the outside edges a little heavier ...this gives the transparent look ....then, do some shadowing to give it dept. Then get a extra fine paint pen and draw in the fin lines.. there you have it ...a fish fin.....Hope this helps. MuskyRuss