6_feet_deep

HELP! New Airbrush

I have a VL and an Iwata HP-B+. Very different airbrushes. My opinion: gravity feed is superior in every way. Whatever brand, you need some variety in tip sizes. The VL is OK for all-over color basecoating with the fine tip. I never used its larger tips. The Iwata HP-B has a .2mm tip that's nice for detail work and fine shading. If you want one brush that's a jack of all trades, look for one with a .3 or .35mm tip like the Iwata Eclipse or equivalent.

Ok.. Im sorry.. Im having a rough day!!! Have to have a little fun. I use a Iwata HP-BSC or BCS.. I dont know all the models by heart.. its has a .50mm tip.. I like the bottle feeds.. I have never used gravity and everyone says I should but I like to switch out the paint fast! Seems like it would take a long time to clean out the gun.. I might be wrong. Im wrong alot!! but I have got use to using the bottles rather than gravity.. it does suck though because those bottle fall out alot!! TICKS ME OFF when that happens!

Good Luck

The Rookie

YEAP!!! Hell Tigger uses a Cheap 40 buck airgun!!! And his paint jobs are AMAZING!!! You dont need expensive guns!! Some guy on here uses just spray cans.. I dont remember who off the top of my head.. I do have a gun with .35.. but I would rather use my .50mm guns.. I got 5 of them.. paint comes out better in that one.. and I like to let it fly everywhere.. you can hide mistakes with you splash paint all over the crank!!! If you screw up just go with it!! Tell them you ment to do that!! Make crap up..

"No mistakes in painting!! only happy accidents" BOB ROSS!!!

The Rookie