jmik26

Mike's Reel Repair??

Has anybody ever done business with Mike's Reel Repair? I ordered some parts two weeks ago and have been on the edge of my seat waiting. I emailed once to ask status and got a brief "it hasn't shipped yet" answer. Now I just got an email saying its back ordered :censored::flame::pissed:.

Anybody know another place to get Daiwa Feugo parts from?

jmik26.

I hate to wait too. The question as to whether to abandon your current purchase is will be out anything more than time. Some places try to charge a fee for not getting the parts to you. If you can walk away from it without any charges, try calling a few other places form prices and delivery estimates.

You have the right to kill a deal if your not happy with the service to date... That's why I asked if you were happy a few weeks ago. Good Luck

Since the guy ordered the parts from Daiwa I feel obligated to follow through with the purchase and I will. Since I found his site on a regular Google search I was kind of optimistic at first which is why I posted. Now seeing this long wait time is normal I feel a little better about waiting. However, it really makes me think twice before I order parts from him again.

I appreciate the tips on where to get parts and I am even more grateful that people didn't take the post the wrong way. Thanks again guys....Jeff

Only when I emailed them to ask whats going on. Its almost as if they forget about there customers. About 1 month ago they did ship 4 of the 15 or so parts ordered. However, this bad experience was enough for me to never order from them again. If anyone else is going to order from them, I would suggest they call and see if the parts are in stock. Remember too that after 45 days you can't file a claim with paypal.

This is there response "I understand your frustration...believe me I do!

I wish there was something more I could do for you, but I just don't

have the parts in stock to send to you. We have placed the order with

Daiwa quite some time ago and unfortunately we are waiting on them to

send them out to us." They did offer a refund for the parts that didn't ship.

We have been calling them and hounding them to send our order out to

us. I have been told that they have sent out a shipment and it should

be arriving any day now. I understand you may not want to wait any

more, but if by chance you do, I will send them out to you the moment

they arrive, or I can issue you a refund for those parts. Please just

let me know what you would prefer.

Again...I'm terribly sorry"

I am going to send a email to Daiwa and ask them whats going on. If this is true, it doesn't do my 5 fuegos and 3 excelers any justice. I will keep you guys posted....Jeff

I am a real picky person when it comes to customer service. It sounds as if this is out of his control completely which in my mind would not and should not reflect on his buiisiness especially if he is offering refunds on parts still not recieved. However communication is an absolute neccesity!!!! No excuses!!! No I have been really busy! No my long lost relative died. No nothing. Send an email, pick up the phone, something, anything, but let that customer know that they are important and you want them to come back. How long would it take to have sent an email a week or even every 2 weeks for the last 2 months as oppoosed to losing this customer and however many other customers who are now reading this thread. Word of mouth is everything people. Everyone with those little tackle buisinesses on the side out there pay attention. You do something to tick off the smallest customer and you have no idea what it can cost you in the long run.

I just got a reply back from Daiwa indicating they have all the parts that Mike's Reel Repair backordered in stock except for some screws. I would think Daiwa would have screws in bins by the thousands!

Anywho, I requested a partial refund and they responded within a hour saying they would. I'm Gonna try the other places mentioned by TU members or try getting setup as a Daiwa Parts Dealer. For anyone that might read this now or in the future, make your own decision. Just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean you will to.

Thanks to everybody that helped out. Hopefully I will get that Tutorial done someday..Jeff

Honestly, I ordered a bail arm from them 2 years ago. Never did get it, and my card was never billed. I called on a monthly basis-which humorously he'd look for my order form, then say he couldnt find it, then ask to call me back, then call me back sometimes, I gave up after 6 months.

Now- My first dealings with them were stellar. ordered some bearings and clicker assemblies to convert some smaller abu baitcasters- got those pronto. SO who knows whats really goin on over there.

I personally wont give them any more business.

I placed my order with Mike's Reel Repair in April 2008. Some ordered itemes received in June. Meanwhille I sent severals e-mails only a few of them were answered. It is October now and I'm still waiting for backorder. Just sent fouth e-mail asking for the status.

Outstanding service! Never again!

Michael

Fellers I don't know about Mike's Personaly but ... I do know a little about parts supply and belive me it is the Reel Mfgs who are fault .. ever notice how often they change models ?? about as often as you change your shorts .... so how can they maintain parts for as many models they have made .... now back in the good ol days they made a reel that stayed around forever and all ways parts were available .... Its one of those thing that they have to stay ahead of the competion ... to heck with the parts support ...

I have several reels that I could get back in service but get parts ... no way ... Shimano and Diawia ...

My :twocents: for what is worth ... good excuse to "air it out" ...

JSC

Edited by JSC
correction of sentance

Fellers I don't know about Mike's Personaly but ... I do know a little about parts supply and belive me it is the Reel Mfgs who are fault ...

I would really appreciate this information from Mike's Reel Repair, but it looks like they are to busy to stay it touch with their customers (after price was paid).

Michael

I've dealt with Mike before,and have always gotten what I've ordered.I usually go through southwestern parts,or Purefishing directly.All these sites have reel schematics,but Purefishing,and Southwestern parts have the largest inventoryof parts.Prices don't vary much from one to the other.I only buy Ambassadeur parts so I don't know about the other manufactures.If you can't find an Ambassadeur part let me know,and I'll try to find it for you.The Purefishing # is (800) 228-4272.

I've also ordered parts from southwesternparts.com with good and fast service. They seem to be a pretty big business. But ordering parts direct from the manufacturer can be faster and cheaper for some brands. A bonus, factories sometimes have a policy of free parts/shipping on items less than a minimal threshold, say $5. They don't see parts & service as a "profit center" and will sometimes even fix problems or supply parts for out-of-warranty reels for minimal or no charge to keep us customers happy and buying their reels.

Anybody ordering anything from a small reel maintenance business in the fall will probably have to stand in line. It's the busy season as tournament and saltwater fishermen send in reels after the summer to be cleaned and serviced for the following year. The backlog can run to several months. A small reel business can't stock a comprehensive inventory of parts for all makes and models - they have to order the parts from the factory. A delay due to that can't be chalked up to "bad service" - except by the manufacturer. Bad service comes into play only when the reel shop doesn't communicate delays to the customer. When they do, it isn't fair for the customer to cancel out. After all, the shop has already disassembled the reel, cleaned it, and diagnosed the problem requiring the new part(s). So 80% of the fix has been done and here comes Joe Blow, asking that service be cancelled and the reel returned at no charge. You can see how small reel services can get a little paranoid. And no, I don't own, work in, or even use a reel service business :nuhuh: I'm strictly DIY because I don't like to wait either! If I fix it, there's nobody to blame but me if it doesn't work perfectly afterwards.

I just ordered some Ambassadeur parts( suprised huh?) from Purefishing today,and with every order of $50 or more,you get a 20% discount.Even though some of my reels are over 30yrs old,they still have a large selection of parts for my reels,and parts from newer reels are interchangable with the older models.If you can order parts from the manufacturer,I would definitely try that route first.