Bassman1964

Foil ???

Candy makers foil works very well and comes in Gold or Silver. We have a cake and candy making supply store locally. A large pack of foil is very reasonable. Comes in differest sizes, I.E. 3" X 4", 4" X 4". I use a glue stick to adhere the foil to the bait. Coat both the bait and one side of the foil, then stick em together. I smooth it out with an exacto handle or something similar and then add the scale pattern with a knurling tool. Look at a ratchet handle in your toolbox. Any questions PM me.

Rookie.

We only got Burger King, White Castle, and Micky D... I don't thing paper or cardboard wrappers will cut it. But I've seen some your work since you hired a lure consultant and a lure analyst... a monkey, hummm, any ways, you could probable get paper or cardboard wrappers to work for you these days. Agree with Dean and Fatfingers, you ain't a rookie any more, what are gong to try to change to next???

clemmy.

How many hard baits have you seen me post to date??? Maybe, I could mash the cardboard in the first part of a two part epoxie then add the second part and add a through wire setup, then form it into a gluider for musky. Before it sets up, I could wrap two slider logos on the sides. After it is hard enough to use, I'd be curious to see if would actually catch anything. I guess a few thick coats of top coat and I'd have a "SliderGlider" Spike-A-Pike@Copyright 2008

I picked up some origami paper at Hobby Lobby last night,haven't tried it yet but should look good.Also I think you could use some of the paper that you put in gift bags to cover gift, I saw some holographic today at the Dollar Tree,it is very thin and should glue good.Don't know if you should use spray adhesive or not,maybe someone here could tell us.....Robert

I picked up some origami paper at Hobby Lobby last night,haven't tried it yet but should look good.Also I think you could use some of the paper that you put in gift bags to cover gift, I saw some holographic today at the Dollar Tree,it is very thin and should glue good.Don't know if you should use spray adhesive or not,maybe someone here could tell us.....Robert

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR- this post may help.

Re: Foil ???

Kribman

I've used regular aluminum foil,a coarse metal file, and a small wallpaper roller.I emboss the foil a sheet at a time,cut pieces to fit paticular bait,spray with craft glue(maybe add some color with blade dip on a Q-tip)and coat with Devcon.Mine don't hold a candle to some of the works of art on this site but it's better than throwing out a beatup bait.