kelly

pressure treated wood

I in the proses finishing my basment (for a lure making room) and am loking at a extra 16 foot pressere treated 2x4. Looking down the board im seeing lure after lure. Has any one used it. Im thinking no rot might not have to seal it as much just devcon after painting it. I have it so bad I counted 3 knots in it almost all usable.

Pressure treated wood is infused with copper and a poison that deters termites. Not anything you want to be breathing the dust from - that's why the manufacturer cautions against burning it in a fireplace. Besides, if you're gonna sweat to make 100 crankbaits, might as well use wood that performs well and is easy to work. Cost of the wood will be the least expensive component. Why not go crazy and pay 10 cents for 1/4 oz of good stuff?

Pressure treated wood is infused with copper and a poison that deters termites. Not anything you want to be breathing the dust from - that's why the manufacturer cautions against burning it in a fireplace. Besides, if you're gonna sweat to make 100 crankbaits, might as well use wood that performs well and is easy to work. Cost of the wood will be the least expensive component. Why not go crazy and pay 10 cents for 1/4 oz of good stuff?
Im with BobP.