PaMuskyHunter

NewBucktails2008

Those look pretty nice. I have seen baits like the DC-10 and now I understand there #13 blades out there... I haven't seen any single or double 13's yet, but what kind of bulge do you think that would creat?

This is a little something I've been working on... I don't think it's going to work the way I invisioned with the split-ring joint in the middle. I like the idea of 2 hooks; 1 #3/0, 1 # 4/0. What do you think, will casy okay or tangle up?

DSCN2836.jpg

DSCN2835.jpg

Thank you

Spike a Pike-Good looking tail there,one thing though,you need too secure the silicone better too the wire,that rubber isnt goping too hold after a few muskies hit it. I might suggest a wire coil spring or a skirt body.

EC- http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11791 it was my spike it blade dip thread. And here's the link too it.

Well i didnt answer your question about if they will tangle. They prolly will cast a mile and tangle. How long is the bucktail? If its no longer than 7 inches you prolly dont have a need for a second treble. Most muskies hooked on a bucktail hits the back and gets hooked on the rear treble. But if it is 7 inches or longer you might wanna keep it on there. Also a single hook might keep it from tangling.

Yea you cheated,we all cheat on our lures. I have used zip ties on silicone and flashabou and after awile the zip ties wear out and loosen. I still think you should tie it on but thats your preference. Also you could add some glue around and on the ziptie.

I may have to add a little super-glue. It measures 9 inches, that's why I added the 2nd treble hook. I tried to get a better picture of the actual coil under the silicone... You can see the weighted buck coil, I think that will help keep the skirt from coming down too far. I used to hand tie my bucktails, now, diabetic nerve damage in my fingers is starting to limit my dexterity. Just tying my shoes is a battle some days.

I may have to add a little super-glue. It measures 9 inches, that's why I added the 2nd treble hook. I tried to get a better picture of the actual coil under the silicone... You can see the weighted buck coil, I think that will help keep the skirt from coming down too far. I used to hand tie my bucktails, now, diabetic nerve damage in my fingers is starting to limit my dexterity. Just tying my shoes is a battle some days.

DSCN2837.jpg