b75nweav

Mosquito's...............@#$%^&

Well, this one was just great. Down here in florida we dont have the cold to keep the skeeto's away and I left the door to my paint room open. Came back about an hour later and 2 of my wet baits had mosquitos all over them. I should have took a pic. Wonder if that would be a good attractant? lol. Just a tip, dont leave your door open if you got flying bugs around..........Blow dryer got them out thank goodness......

I'm from SoCal, and, years ago, we had the dreaded Medfly invasion.

To counter that, the state released sterile Medfly males in my neighborhood.

I had just finish stripping my old wooden overhead garage door down to bare wood, and repainting it.

The day the final coat went on, the Medfly truck drove up our street, releasing sterile males.

Well, you guessed it.

They were attracted to the wet paint, and I would up with literally hundreds stuck to it, wriggling and squirming.

I saw that, and steam came out of my ears, but I knew I couldn't do anything until the paint dried and cured, or it would be worse.

The next moring I came out, and, low and behold, all the spiders living in my garage had decended, en masse, on the still living Medflies that were trapped in the paint.

It was epic, like the La Brea tar pits, except that the paint had dried enough for the spiders to come down and feast without getting stuck.

I felt like that guy in Naked Prey, who danced and cheered as the tribesmen chasing him were caught in the brush fire he'd set.

I still don't like the spiders, which occasionally drop down my neck and bite my back, but I give them a little more respect now.

And I never repainted the door. It stayed like it was, legs, wings, and all.

Revenge is sweet!

Woodie that is funny! LOL

Two nights ago I finished coated a bunch of baits ........... then I saw it!!!!!!! something flying around the room in the dead of winter. I was chasing it around with the heat gun. Came to the end of cord and got whiplash!!!!!!!! I never got the bugger!!!!!! I never found him stuck to the baits!!!!! LOL Man the little things we deal with! LOL:teef:

actually theres no polar bears, but theres dog hair. i have a muti colored lab. today its 45mph winds nor west wind chill approx 19 belo zero. the shop heaters are cookin.. reminds me of a story.

years back the mounties came. with all the electric they thought i had a gro op going. we both had a good laff. i asked him if ya could smoke cedar chips.

stay warm guys brrr its cold.