LedHed

Gary Yamamoto Experience

The more I hear about Gary Yamamoto, the more inpressed I am. This guy must be a class act.

LedHed - I guess the it pays to do the right thing sometimes. Great story.

Spike

Here is a real life story about 'Doing The Right Thing'. I brought my two boys up to always be honest even if it meant they did not always win by doing so. My eldest son who is now 27 yrs old was playing football (soccer) with friends in our local park, he was I think 12 at the time, the ball was kicked into some bushes and when he retrieved the ball he found what was at the time a state of the art, top of the range Panasonic video recorder and remote control in a plastic carrier bag. This had been stolen and stashed away to be collected by the thief later. The kid was made up because he thought he had just won a video for the television he had in his room. I made the lad take it down to our local police and hand it in.

In the UK if you hand in lost or stolen goods and it is not claimed within, I think, 6 weeks then you can claim them yourself. After his six week wait the police were contacted and the video had remained unclaimed. So the outcome of that was he got his video after all and even better it was done within the law. That 12 year old boy learnt a good lesson that day because had he kept hold of the video he would have been as bad as the thief who stole it in the first place. I think that lesson hit home because that 12 year old boy is now a detective constable in the West Yorkshire Police :).

philB

Way to go GY!!!!

lineinwater, if you pay'd by Pay Pal you might have some recourse but you'd have to file a claim to find out. If by money order the only thing you could do is give the Post Office or Western Union or whoever the money order was through the number and have them track it. When it was cashed in someone had to sign to get the funds from it.

Fatman

GY did the right and fair thing ...... hats off to him ........

As Far as Paypal is concerned ....... forget it ....... they don't do anything for you ......... I did a stupid thing and bought a boat on ebay and paid the deposit by Paypal. THe boat was grossly misrepresented to the point of being fraud. I tried to get my deposit back but they gave some bs about deposits not being covered ........

Good luck ........ Pay Pal never helped me ...... I still use them for the convenience but only on the small stuff now and with reputable companies ....... I know I can't count on them .......

GY did the right and fair thing ...... hats off to him ........

As Far as Paypal is concerned ....... forget it ....... they don't do anything for you ......... I did a stupid thing and bought a boat on ebay and paid the deposit by Paypal. THe boat was grossly misrepresented to the point of being fraud. I tried to get my deposit back but they gave some bs about deposits not being covered ........

Good luck ........ Pay Pal never helped me ...... I still use them for the convenience but only on the small stuff now and with reputable companies ....... I know I can't count on them .......

My PayPal account is paid for with a Capital One card. I got ripped of by the Bucknutts guy who was selling molds and plastic pouring pots. He strung me along for 6 weeks then disappeared. eBay said too much time had elapsed and PayPal offered me 20%.

I was watching TV and a Capital One card advertisement came on. when it said Whats in your wallet or whatever it is they say I got the idea to call them. They refunded the entire 156 dollars.