Crawfish crank idea,maybe.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 LooksLikeSinbad

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

I like the skirt concept or other permanent styles better. As much as I get cranks snagged temporarily on stuff soft pastics would be a constant reattachment issue. I have only messed with a few and most of my concerns were with the action of the crank being deadened, but am sure could be worked around.

I suppose you could make a jointed hard swimbait with the rear joint being the claws and moving independently from the body.

#22 smirkplug

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

I love the rattlesnake ! and the bomber. I tried the river2sea alot in the ocean bays without much luck. You guys gave me an idea for a crab bait made from a spoon drilled in the side of the center with a hook on the other side of the center to swim like a fouled spoon. ... Ill let you know , thanks

#23 Nathan

Advanced Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

Here is my version...They sink really slow.I built a wooden frame for the bodies too attatch too..
Coley,I like the looks of that crawbait of yours....did you make the rattle snake bait?..Nathan

#24 hazmail

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:33 AM

Nathan_ I will have to buy some of these when I get there, you even have AU colors, great work, you had better start toiling. pete