jth21usa

Quick painting question

I'd recommend using the search tool. Use words like airbrush, compressor, painting. Many people on this site also use Rattle Cans. The cans are a good idea if you just want to get a feel for the colors and such with out spending the couple hundred on airbrushing supplies.

PS. more... expirenced people should reply soon this is just my 2cents.

You have 2 basic options: buy a dedicated airbrush compressor or a small tool compressor. Most guys like a compressor to sustain at least 30 psi running pressure. Some inexpensive units say 30 psi but that's with no load; pull the trigger and it drops to 15 psi in one second. A tool compressor with a tank has several advantages - they are cheaper, they develop higher pressure, and the tank stores pressure so the motor doesn't run all the time. No compressor is especially quiet but the airbrush compressors, being smaller, are quieter. Like CD216 says, do a search on compressor and you'll get a bunch of info including some good recommendations for specific units.

I bought a tool compressor and it is LOUD. Now I have a long hose so the compressor is in another part of the basement. I am seriously looking at a small piston driven Iwata. Something I can have at my feet and still hear the radio. It has a smll tank on it but I am sure it will be on most of the time. The noisy one also has a tank but it too kicks on alot. One local lure make has a simple diaphram Paasche. He has used it for several seasons and has only good things to say about it. It is real quiet, but I heard the diaphrams wear out soon. He hasn't said if his had, but I will email him and ask.

IM ONLY GOING TO SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME!!! MCDONALDS STRAW and Hot Air!!!! DONT LAUGH IT WORKS!!! Everyone knows Im full of hot air!! Ok let the comeback begin!!! That is how I painted my crappie!! THROWS THOSE LITTLE SPOTS EVERYWHERE!!

Dont buy a little compressor!! Get a 33 gallon Craftsman!! I shoot 3 small compressors in 6 months before I finally got a Craftsman!! Now it only kicks on 2 to 3 times per day!! Its really not that loud.. I have had some smaller ones alot louder that ran all day long!! That is why I blew up the motor's!! Whenever the motor's were shot... I got a McDonalds Straw out and painted some baits!! Im telling yall its fun.. NOT JOKING!!!

The Rookie