Kevin Cochran

Bucktail Coils in Bulk?

I am looking to purchase large quanities of bucktail coils to build musky bucktails. I have been using lawnmower throttle cable but that is not cost effective when I am purchasing 10 or 15 packages at a time. I can't use brass bodies because I am making them out of marabou which is bulky and wouldn't work. Brass bodies would make the most sense but I don't think I can make them work.

If I buy throttle cable I would like to purchase it in as many as 100 foot or more pieces, which I doubt is available. I wouldn't mind buying it already cut in 3/4 or 1in pieces.

Does anyone have any suggestions????

I also wanted to add that I do not want lead attached to them.

I dont know if you want to make them but if you take a coat hanger straighten it and put it in a drill. Take any wire say stanless easy if it around .026 wire. stick it in the drill to and tighten it down. Use a peace of cardbord to protect your fingers. Start the drill rapping the wire around the coat hanger. After you make a long section cut it in small peaces. Now to make it easyer for tying coat it with epoxy. I have used them quit a bit but if you dont want to epoxy just use a little tape.