.dsaavedra.

Devcon Instand-Mix Nozzle

i just bought some Devcon 2-ton epoxy and it is the kind with the Instant-Mix nozzle on it. i didnt really want this kind, i just wanted the regular kind that you mix w/ a stick. but the instant mix was all the hardware store had.

anyway, are these instand mix nozzles re-usable? it seems like once you use them the epoxy will harden inside of them. it came with 2 nozzles.

this is going to be a waste since im only going to make one bait which wont require the whole tube or even half the tube of epoxy.

Considering how well I have to mix Devcon 2T to get a good hard clearcoat, I just don't believe you can shoot it through a mix nozzle and get similar results. Maybe it's fine for gluing stuff together but unless they change the formulation too, I'm doubtful.

We use mixing nozzles on the job for structural epoxy. I never knew they were available for hobby epoxy. Silly me! Where do you find the mixing nozzles?

I've been using measuring and mixing cups for my Etex, and I just use my eye for my 5 minute Devcon.

In wal mart right next to the regular syringes, they sell ones with the mixing nozzle.

I personally don't trust it, either. Even with they plungers stuck together it's not all that hard to get uneven amounts from each tube. With that mixer, you can't see how much is on the mixing surface and can't really be sure if you have an even mixture.