finlander

Harbor Freight compressor?

7 posts in this topic

Regular $80 now $60. Cannot tell if it is a diaphram or a piston. They dont spell it out. Is there an easy way of telling by looking at a photo of said item. Does not give a db rating. I want a quiet one, to be used a few feet away. I want to hear the cd player. Should I stay away form ANY compressor under $100? I am trying to compare one to an Iwata. Thanks.

I have one and you can hear it but it is not loud ......... It is louder than the Air Star V I have ...... but that is virtually silent ......

Now I am looking at a Polar Bear single piston. $119. I want something close to that Iwata, whisper quiet. Polar Bear like Iwata are made in Taiwan, Harbor Freight's in China. Was told by rep that diaphram's are noisier than pistons.:twocents:

I have the sames one and have had it for four years now! my only complaint is that it tends to get hot is used for longer than ten minutes straight.

Ordered a Polar Bear 100 single piston from bearair.com last night. Will report its' performance when I test it out next week. Thanks for all the input.