fourbizzle

Potentially Stupid Question

A stupid question! Finally, something I might be qualified to answer. :o)

Alas, I've never sprayed nail polish. But I've used it, and still use it, to add glitter/flash to jerk baits and crank baits.

It looks to me like the glitter in the cheap 99cent polish I use would be too big for an airbrush. But I haven't actually tried it. I use rattle can glitter from Michael's.

Be sure you find out which thinner you'll need to use to clean up your air brush first, and whether the air brush has seals which can stand up to that solvent.

As the parent of both a 23 year old son, and a nineteen, soon to be 20 year old daughter, all I can say is, "Go for it, dude!". :o)

Seriously, you both will only be young, without children and serious responsibilities once, so make the most of your opportunities. And don't do anything stupid, like getting you-know-what, that will tie an anchor around your legs for the rest of you lives. You have plenty of time for stupid stuff after you get old.

Good luck. Oh, yeah, with the nail polish, too. :o)

I dont think of my childern as a anchor! I think of them its like taking a couple elaphants fishing or hunting. Stomping around the boat, banging the side, stomping on every stick, throwing every rock on the shore in the water, there gos about 80 jigs in the water, where did all the bait go, were did your fishing pole go. But the little hug makes every thing better.

Yeah, I have the same air brush, and it has teflon seals. Acetone shouldn't bother it.

Kelly, I have five kids, and love them to death.

I just hope they, and all of the kids growing up now, make smart choices.

When I was young, it was either go to college, or get a job and get married. I got married, got a job, and never looked back. That's what my generation, or at least a lot of my generation, did.

But having kids young does you and your kids a disservice, in my opinion. I have my first at 17. My wife and I didn't know jack about being parents, and my first two boys suffered the consequences.

I was a much better parent at 30 than I was at 17. On the job training is great, but, if you're young, your kids are going to pay a price for your inexperience and immaturity.

I know there are exceptions to this, but I've found that, for the most part, older people make better parents, simply because they're wiser.

It's kind of like driving. My kids' reflexes are sharper than mine when they get the licenses at 16 years old, but I'm a much better driver because I have years of experience.

Not a knock on them, just the way it is.

"Too soon old, too late smart".

Fish as much as you can!