Artificial All The Way

Plastic questions

Definitely go with a gallon of plastic. I forgot how much plastic it too to pour them that size. I have a mold I made to pour a similar bait except with a tail and it goes thru the plastic quick. I went ahead and used durhams rock puddy but if you can get them done in aluminum then go for it.

I also agree with LC 500 plastic. I dont know how new you are to pouring and mold making, but a slug-o is one of the easiest molds to make as well as pour. I dont have acess like you to a machine shop so I use RTV silicone. You can glue down 5 or 6 baits in the bottom of a shallow tuperware type pan, pour over your silicone and your done. With a muti cavity mold like that you can really crank out some baits.

The 9 inch slug baits do consume alot of plastic but you will get alot baits out of a gallon. Save your tore up baits and re-melt them. Usually most slug baits are poured with a white or clear type belly which you can use your virgin plastic for. Add color to your re-melts for the darker top portion of the bait. I use re-melts for dark colors like black, browns, greens, etc. Especially on saltwater or big baits where you dont need super detail, vivid or transparent colors.

Jay; You'd better forget about the quart thing. You'll go through that in no time.

You are going to make mistakes; especially with the heat; and ruin some of the plastic as you learn.(we all have)

I'm not sure how many you will get but once you get the hang of pouring it will be cheaper than 3/$5.

You can say

Hey Jay,

I told you this was the place.

Thanks again.

Making some new molds and trying more over the weekend.

A this rate I should have bought 5 gals of plastic. Everyone I show them to is putting in their orders.

Like i have time to make there's when I could be fishing with mine.:lol: