QB7deepsea

New here, and I need some help on airbrushes

Hey Everybody. I just started getting into painting crankbaits and tried to read around, but seeing as I have no clue what I'm looking at, I needed to ask a question of my own. From what I can read I'm one of the lucky ones; my dad has a massive air compressor in our garage, right next to a workbench. But I need to know a good airbrush kit, hopefully under $30. Also, is there another alternative to airbrushing? If so, what are the pros and cons of each? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Cory

You can use spray cans but an airbrush makes things much easier, looks better, and gives you a wide array of colors to work with. If the Badger Garage Sale is still active, I'd take a look and choose a brush there at a steep discount. You'll also need hose adapters, a Badger hose, a pressure regulator and a moisture trap to complete the setup. Call the number at webairbrushes.com for the pieces (they're a badger dealer) or check out dixieart.com. Buy your acrylic airbrush paint at a local hobby shop.

I got one I will sell you for 30 bucks!!! actually more than one Air brush!! they are used and I got them from a guy that said he couldnt paint and asked me to paint his baits.. he gave me the guns as payment....I never really liked them much but they do work and would be great for starting out.. IF YOU CAN PAINT WITH THESE!! YOU CAN PAINT WITH ANY THING!!! PM ME IF YOUR INTERESTED

go to the Badger Garage Sale and buy a Model 360 ....... you won't be sorry ........ it can be used as a gravity feed or a siphon feed...... $30..... everybody that I know that has 1 is very happy with them .......

Just remember that you will also need an air source and a hose .........

If you need a compressor, they have them on sale too ...........

A guy named Dino is in charge of the garage sale ...... he might be able to help you ......

Kellure,

I've never used a siphon brush, but I've just ordered the 360 kit, which comes with a gun that's either siphon or gravity.

Can I leave paint, for example opaque white Createx, in the siphon bottles between painting sessions, and just add to it as I need to, or should I clean it out after I use it each time like I do my gravity brush.

Due to constantly changing colors over a days work, I prefer to use multiple siphon cups with all brushes. The siphon jars I keep filled w/ cleaner & h20.

If I recall correctly from eons ago, the paint in the siphon jars would eventually dry over time unless covered as mentioned above. Pigment tends to settle in the jars if not used often, adding a metal ball or marble to the jars would help with mixing. Good luck.