huck

my first paint job

12 posts in this topic

I've been intrigued with the idea of painting my own hardbaits and have been doing some reading up on it. With the help of a friend who was kind enough to loan me an airbrush to see if I would enjoy it... I painted a popper that I had laying around.

It barely had any paint left on it, so I gave it a little sanding to rough it up, then started painting. I forgot to put black on the eye after painting the yellow part... I'll hit it with a sharpie later. I also didn't have any of the right kind of clear coat, so I used Flex Coat which seemed to work ok.

Here's how it came out.

P1010009.jpg

P1010008.jpg

More to come soon!

Thanks guys, the bug has definitely bitten me!

I went to Walmart today and got some tule in 2 different patterns and I'll be placing an order next week to get some crankbait bodies, more paint, finish, etc. It's on!!!

Very sweet. I'm also a newbie, but you can tell when you have found a hobby that will "stick". And I am stuck, stuck, stuck.

that's a nice first job! I like the creative color choice. I have trouble thinking of different color combinations and usually end up going too natural...