MuskyGary

Proper eye size comparison to bait length?

5 posts in this topic

Is there a table some where that gives the proper eye size for the different sizes (length) baits? Thanks in advance for any info.

Yeah if the bait is about 2 1/2 inches in length use a 4mm eye.... 3 to 3 1/2 5mm... 4 to 7 inches 6mm to 7mm... "Are you a expert eye size guy Tater?" no... but I did sleep at a HOLIDAY INN last night..

The rookie.

Ah! So that's your guys secret. Sleep at a Holiday Inn all night and make good baits all day!! Great reply.:wink::):wink::):yawn::nuhuh::nuhuh:

Yeah if the bait is about 2 1/2 inches in length use a 4mm eye.... 3 to 3 1/2 5mm... 4 to 7 inches 6mm to 7mm... "Are you a expert eye size guy Tater?" no... but I did sleep at a HOLIDAY INN last night..

The rookie.

Yeah, Tater is probably right on size/length comparison. I just look at bait and pick one that looks good to me. I kinda like the eyes to be a bit large, but that's just me.

BTW, Tater does sleep at Holiday Inn Express, BUT he is too cheap to pay for a room so he just parks his pickup in parking lot and sleeps in front seat. :D

later tater

David

I think I'd agree with The_Rookie on this for the most part, but I'm just finishing up a 2.5" bait attempting to mimick a bluegill. I'm using 6 mm eyes because the eyes of really small bluegills seem to be disproportionately large. So I guess it depends on what your going for.