Hoosierdaddy

sanding lexan

usually what i do is after laying the rough shape of the lip, i lay it on my bench and hold it in place against the bench with the thumb and the index, and i pass a fine file around its edges. you must use the corner of the bench so that you have space to pass the file around as you need to. Make sure to keep the file exactly square on the surface of the bench, or you will start *sharpening* the lip.

make sure you hold the lip tight against the bench, or if it moves on the bench as you sand it with the file, it will get scratches.

I think the better and closer shape to the wanted original shape you manage to give to the lip previous to sanding, using say polycarbonate or plexiglass scissors or a band saw, the less you must *push you fingers against the bench* hence the less painful for your hands. No matter what, it hurts and personally i must let pass a good couple of days after a lip-shaping session (i do up to 10 lips in one session) to the next one, so that my fingers stop hurting.