LOZ

First swimbait...

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this is the first swimbait I've made. It's a 6" wakebait, and made it out of Pine. What do you guys think? I like to be complemented of course, but could use some constructive criticism too since I'm still new at this :wink:.

3108004.jpg

The bait looks great! The photo would do better if the field depth was shortened... The auto focus is picking up a point somewhere behind the bait. I think you should get another photo or two and post them in the gallery. Keep up the good work.

Very nice paint! With that steep lip angle, I'd say it's a wakebait rather than a swimbait.

He says wakebait in his post. Interesting thing with the swimbait craze is it seems if its big and segmented you can include it in the genre even if its considered a wakebait. I just can't imagine anything in the ponds I fish hitting anything that big, but I have read of guys catching 4 and 5 pounders on 9" and 10" swimbaits, so maybe I ought to try one out.

Thanks guys...It swims pretty nice. It took quite a bit of testing and tuning, and adding lead but it turned out to have a pretty nice action.