bamabass

Musky Fisherman

16 posts in this topic

I had a customer send me 2 musky lures to paint any color for him. Im a bass fisherman and I was wondering if you musky boys could give me a few ideas for these bait in terms of colors/ patterns. My painting skills are pretty good and I want to really do a nice paint job on these lures.

Thanks!

Depends on where your customer lives. Sucker, perch, walleye, cisco patterns are great for natural pattenrs and the sky is the limit with anythign that you want to get nutty with. On stained waters I like to have a lot of flash with scales (gold or silver) which works real well over dark perch bars.

I'm with Yake on the natural bait patterns. Perch is my favorite. Also black color patterns. And pink color patterns have slowly become one of my favorites.

although I don't practice musky fishing , I have an obsession for yellow and black combinations for pike fishing ... good results ;)

All famous muskie magazines will claim that perch is an inevitable pattern that everyone should have in the tackle box. I'll second the perch yellow belly with gold sparkles anytime. Pat

In muskie fishing the sky is the limit, basic colors could be black, black / silver, high contrast is big in off colored water. through in some fluorescent orang, or fluo. red, I like fluo. red best in realy stained water with flat black dots or stripes for contrast. clear water, mostly natural

type patterns with some room to play with color. throw in some red as a

"wound".

I have some in hot pink/fluo. org/electric blue, so anything is possible.

Did your customer give you any peramiters?

have fun

Esox junky

If I could only have three colors in a crankbait, they would be firetiger (I've never fished anywhere for musky where firetiger won't produce), perch, or Tennessee shad.