SwampBaits

New Hard Bait painter

Hey, I'm new here!! At least new to the hard bait forums. I just picked up an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS from Hobby Lobby with a %40 off coupon!! I also bought a few bottles of creatix (SP?) paint, they really didn't have much of a selection for the paint. That was pretty much the only airbrush they had too, hope it's good though.

I'll be sure to post some pictures tonight of my first bait...good or bad...it will come later today...lol I'm just going to repaint a lure that I rarely use.

Wish me luck!

....I just picked up an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS...Wish me luck!

Great choice...I just picked one of these up last weekend taking the advice of the TU painting brigade and I love it! One tip, out of the very few that I can contribute, is to play around with Createx Opaque black's thickness...thin and test before trying it on your bait.

PS

It only starts with "just painting an old bait you don't throw much"...:lol:

I started out by borrowing a friends brush to do A single crank and a month or two later I've had three sessions of painting...that only lasted about 3 or 4 hours each. Each time I sat down to paint I had 4 to 6 plugs lined up to paint. I guess I'm hooked and can't shake it...good luck!

Can't wait to see what you turn out!

TIM IS A GUY I LIKE ALREADY!!!! JUST WING IT!!! YOU DA MAN TIM!!! I been wingin it for 37 years!!! And will be wingin it until I die!! which at the rate im going now.. will be soon!!! Good luck TIM!! You really only need 4 colors.. Red Yellow Blue and Green!!! oh yeah sorry... 6 colors.. white and black... that helps too!! Then your on your way!!!