Darkman

need help with AYU color

Paint some green if that is too dark.. paint some white over the green.. if that is too light green... paint some brown and gold over that..if that is wrong put some green back on it.. my point is you dont have to mix the paint.. use your paint to get the color you want!!!

just how I do it.. others might have a better way of doing your AYU!!

:lol::lol::lol:The_Rookie does that mean most of the suspending lure you paint will end up slow sinking eventually if you don't like the color a few times?

Darkman,

Paint recipes are kinda useless unless you wanna follow even the brand to the letter and probably buying the same batch of colors too. Manufacturers produce their colors with different pigments and dyes so there will be variations btw brands and batches of paint. High $ paints will be more consistent. Learn how to mix and your life will be much easier down the road. Try to stick to a brand and type of paint too.

What I do with color matching is use the color wheel (Google it, lots of good resources on the web). Color wheel and color theory tells you what and how to mix to get a certain color and adjust the hue. Once you understand the theory and principles, any color u want is within your reach.

After mixing my paint, I test paint on drawing paper OR a white PVC pipe OR a piece of clear plastic if I'm going for glass or ghost look.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the help...Ihave an art degree...LOL!!! (no bs true story)

some colors are harder for me to see than others...this is one of them.

im using rattle cans and airbrush...thinking that possibly a mustard yellow and brown with green highlights....Im still tinkering

in the mean while any info will come in handy...thanks

I dont have a art degree.. But I do have a BS DEGREE in Marketing (BS) from Ball State University... BSU!!! So basically Im full of BS!! dont listen to me anyway.. I just like to have fun.. But I dont mix my paint.. I just paint it.. NO THEY DONT SINK LaPala.. but if they did.. I would just spin it and call it a CUSTOM Countdown lure.. "No mistakes in painting.. just happy accidents".. "BOB ROSS"!!!

1. swipe of Forrest Pearl Green. CREATEX

1. swipe of Dark Brown Trans. CREATEX

1. Swipe of Pearl Gold CREATEX

1. Swipe of Green again

1. Swipe of brown again

1. Finish it off with gold... Your good to go!!

That is how I paint my AYU!!! All very light coats.. if the bait sinks you didnt swipe your hand across the back as fast as I do.. I shioot my paint at 60 psi!! So that makes you move your hand FAST!!!!

Good Luck...

Couple of repaints I did for a FRIEND IN CAL!!! Black Dog Lunker Punker!!

and a Triple Trout!!! The luker punker had a cool paint job!! He just wanted a AYU!!

Dean told me a long time back he like the effects you get from laying different colors over different colors.. He didnt show me how to do it.. just said it one time.... He is going to crack up when he reads this and figures out I actually listened to something the OLD MAN had to say!!! HIGH PSI!! QUICK!! I MEAN QUICK SWIPES!!! if you watched me paint you better get out of the way.. or you will get a elbow in the face!! That is how fast my arm is moving... I throw paint everywhere!! Good Luck hope this helps!!