CRANKNTN

Cloudy Devcon

I painted and epoxied a bait friday evening after work. I let it turn over night took it off the turner Sat morning. The whole time the bait was clamped in an exacto knife by the rear hook hanger.I did not touch this bait until Monday evening. I unclamped the bait and the finish was real hazy and cloudy. I tried to clean it up with Windex but if anything only made it worse.What went wrong? I epoxied another bait at the same time with the same batch of Devcon and it was perfect.

I've had that happen when i dont mix the epoxy in equal amounts. You know, one side comes out and the other doesnt. Doesn't take much of one or the other to end up like that. Cant explain why the other one came out good but mabye if you had a little too much hardener or epoxy on the brush I guess that would account for it....

I used Createx. I also used some Testors acrylic in an olive color for highlights. I painted another bait last night with the same colors and same tube of Devcon, came home from work today, the bait was perfect. I am 100% sure my paint was dry. I heat set every coat of paint. The only cause I can think of is while the lure was on the turner, I painted another bait. I don't think it was paint overspray, but maybe Windex I clean my gun with between colors. I'm still investigating.