kubotek

First tissue paper print a fail. Have a look pics inside! And a few perch pics 4 u.

Heres the issue i did everything like explain and the print job didn't end up how i had planed. I have no idea how you guys get such great color from this method. I used a lazor and an ink jet printer. The lazor was allot better so thats what i ended up using. Everything is in tune properly, its a 1500 printer i used from work. Any help?

Thanks for reading

Kyle

The wood ones that you see i haven't sanded yet, Once I get a good model made up at work ill have a cnc machine cute like 50 of them! Then they will be perfect. But i cant figure out this printing thing. I put the tissue paper on aluminum foil. You cant even tell there is no reflection of it.

Don't know if this would work for tissue paper lures, but when a client asks me what a certain wood looks like with finish on it, I wipe it with paint thinner, and, while it's wet, it looks the same as when it's got a clear finish on it.

For stone, I just spit on it.

There's probably a neutral liquid/wetting agent you could put on your lure to see how it will look finished before you clear coat it, so you can still play with the paint scheme if you're not happy with the way it looks.

I just went and bought some 2-ton at the local store in town. Defiantly was hard to find. Walmart, canadian tire, home hardware, Rona and home dept didnt have it. Ackland Granger carries it in stock, so does McMaster Car for anyone that is having trouble finding it.

got into this discussion late, but my thoughts, starting with your perch image, perhaps rebalance the color levels in photoshop increasing the contrast and density of blue and yellow channels(CMYK) also when you go to print the sheet, try tracking down one of the heavy docucolor 5000 or 6000 serries printers(one of the biggest office lazer printers in the office serries, can be roughly up to 15ft long, try the largest kinkos). they print insainly nice, and as close to offset as lazer printing gets. request sheets to be printed face side up(this prevents fliping and jaming inside the machine), also request it to be printed on either uncoated 187-220 weight or coated 187-220 weight. these will give you crisp images. you will also need the image as a digital file, as they do not have scaners(or atleast the newer ones dont). finaly if you have trouble and want to trade some cnc bodies for some printing help postmessage me as i need to do afew also.

my 2 cents

Well here is attempt number 2. This time I put the devcon 2 on the wood first. Then put the tissue paper on that. No aluminum foil!

And im much happier with the end result! Still not perfect. But well get it one of these times!

Whacha think?

Any suggestions, on improvements?

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg