Jason O

Netcraft Tack-L Tool

It's a great little tool for starting out. I've had mine for about 10 years and it works great. It DOES take practice to get the eyes perfectly round but it's just a practice thing.

Make SURE you have it attached tightly to your bench, or you'll be in a world of hurt when a piece of wire smacks your hand.

Theres a heavy piece of wire that looks like a eyelet with a long shaft PAINT IT RED OR WHATEVER COLOR YOU WANT, DON"T LOSE IT!!!!!! This is called the winding mandrel and you use it to make wire springs for spinners you want to open and close. When making these and you start winding use heavy duty pliers to hold the wire and DON'T Let Go it does hurt.

Use the book that comes with the tool and follow the directions, it will help you move from one task to another. Master each step and the tool will really help you out.

It's nice to not have to worry about losing a spinner when all you have to do is reach in the box and get another one. Initial cost of body parts will set you back a bit as they aren't cheap.

Hope this helps.

Fatman

Tiny,

The manual is available from Janns for about $8+ shipping or check alibris, abe books or amazon. com for used ones which are running about $9 and up + shipping.

Break down and get the brand new one from Jann's, they have it spiral bound now which makes using it easier than the old one.

Fatman

Tiny,

The manual is available from Janns for about $8+ shipping or check alibris, abe books or amazon. com for used ones which are running about $9 and up + shipping.

Break down and get the brand new one from Jann's, they have it spiral bound now which makes using it easier than the old one.

Fatman

Thanks Fatman.

I was figuring that's what I would have to do. I've played with it a bit already and very much enjoy it, but having some documentation would open up the possibilities. haven't told the wife but I'm already looking at the Hagen's wire former as I often use wire heavier than .031" . This little tool has already impressed me though.

I've had the Netcraft tool for years but actually only tried using it recently. After a few false starts, I got the hang of it. The instructions on making an eye were a bit tough to follow but I finally managed. Not until after I realized I missed the first page of the instructions and didn't put the 90 degree bend in the wire. I wanted to make some simple inline spinners and I had a lot of fun making a few with the Tack-L tool.

I have been using one forever, at least it seems like it. Can't wear it out. Have used up to .035 SS. a couple of tips. someone mentioned earlier Fasten it to the workbench. Oil the shaft once in a while. Use your imagination. Good luck. PS If anyone has one they want to get rid of let me know. LOL. Tony

Did end up trying the Tackltool out. I like it, but it took a bit of practice to make it right. I am going to make a measurement mark on my table where I want the bend exactly. A few I’ve made way too long.  You can make it with the hook in the loop, just takes practice. Made a few with split rings too just think I like the look without better.  

Pic is on top a bend with round bend pliers and bottom the tackltool. Much more round and more centered eye. 

5A9B0789-59D5-4618-87C8-77519A5CA7F5.jpeg