rlcam

Poor mans paint booth and First repaints

Alot of you showed us your paint booths,so heres my paint booth,

drying rack and paint selection(NO LAUGHING). Hi-tech redneck,

I guess.Remember guys mine is portable,so it has to be simple.

I do most of my work...at work.And yes there is an exhaust fan

in my paint room(errr..bathroom).

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/rlcam20/Repaints/Repaints024.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/rlcam20/Repaints/Repaints029.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/rlcam20/Repaints/Repaints026.jpg

Here are some repaints I have done.Standard colors with a rattle

can version of sexy shad on a crank and a revamped jitterbug

(I am handicapped a little when it comes to colors)All

of these were done with rattle cans and stencils.I am currently

doing my first foil job,will post pics when completed.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/rlcam20/Repaints/Repaints031.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/rlcam20/Repaints/Repaints064.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/rlcam20/Repaints/Repaints063-1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/rlcam20/Repaints/Repaints079.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/rlcam20/Repaints/Repaints082.jpg

I know these don't hold water compared to the quality that I

have seen on here,but they will do for now,I guess.Thanks

to all the tips I get on this board I have found a great pastime.

Any criticism or help is appreciated...Robert

I tell you one thing Bro. If those are from a rattle can i cant wait to see the results from an airbrush.

The only advice i can give you is never always be humble as your post here appears - and never underestimate yourself. From what i can see here you already have the talent.

BTW, painting in the shi*ter is exactly where I would be painting if my wife would allow it.Thats where most of my ideas and patterns culminate from anyway.:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Regards,

Blades

I tell you one thing Bro. If those are from a rattle can i cant wait to see the results from an airbrush.

The only advice i can give you is never always be humble as your post here appears - and never underestimate yourself. From what i can see here you already have the talent.

BTW, painting in the shi*ter is exactly where I would be painting if my wife would allow it.Thats where most of my ideas and patterns culminate from anyway.:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Regards,

Blades

Thanks blades,I took my time and read alot of posts here.I know I ask alot of questions,but I am kinda a neat freak and want to do my best.My wife says I have an obsessive compulsive disorder(OCD).Her and my daughter think I have lost it,lately all I talk about is painting lures.Can't wait to get that airbrush.Thanks again....Robert

I am currently using Krylon Clear Glaze for a top coat,as someone on here suggested.Don't know how tough it will be but I think it looks pretty good(as if the fish care about the shine).Does anyone know if this stuff is harmful.I usually spray in the "paint room", step out and close the door with the fan running,you think i'll be ok.If anyone knows a different clear I could use please post it.I really can't do the Devcon,because I don't have enough space and drying wheel....Robert

Robert, I am in a similar position to you, in that What ever I do for a spray booth, it will have to be temporary. My solution is going to be plumbers plastic drain tubing, to make a frame, with a cheap material, throw-over.

The beauty of the plumbers pipe is that all the joints, corners, TEE's etc are plug-in and readily available. All I have to do is cut the tubes to length and plug in.

I suspect that I read this idea here on TU, I'm sure it's not an original idea.

It might work with your solution, to tidy it up for the boss. She may even let you keep it there on a semi-permanent basis. Depends on your smooth talkin' skills.

The lures look great.

Robert, I am in a similar position to you, in that What ever I do for a spray booth, it will have to be temporary. My solution is going to be plumbers plastic drain tubing, to make a frame, with a cheap material, throw-over.

The beauty of the plumbers pipe is that all the joints, corners, TEE's etc are plug-in and readily available. All I have to do is cut the tubes to length and plug in.

I suspect that I read this idea here on TU, I'm sure it's not an original idea.

It might work with your solution, to tidy it up for the boss. She may even let you keep it there on a semi-permanent basis. Depends on your smooth talkin' skills.

The lures look great.

Vodkaman,sounds like a good idea,but thats not at my house.It is at the Drawbridge where I work.

Robert.

You should read your rattle cans to make sure the paint is safe. A respirator is a good investment not just for the fumes, but the particulates as well.

It seems that I read or heard that metal flake paints (like golds and silvers) are supposed to more hazardous than regular paint colors, something to do with way the flakes are suspended in the pigment.

Rob, very nice bro...I too paint at work and have to "pack & move" when I'm finished. We're kinda like plug painting gypsies...vagabonds....nomads...or just too broke to have a spot to settle down to if you're me. :teef:

Anyway, I digress. Your plugs look amazing...I can't believe that you painted them with a freaking paint can! When you do decide to get a brush, you can go to a hobby lobby near you...

Store Locations : Hobby Lobby

...they usually run a weekly special of 40% off of any one item. You can print a coupon off of their website (under "weekly specials"). Just a suggestion...

Anyway, very nice job man and I have much respect for your skills with a paint can.

:worship:

Regards,

Blades

Sorry Robert. Typo in my post.

Replace with 'The only advice can give you is always be humble"

Regards,

Blades

Robert,

Those lures are beautiful. And with rattle cans!

You won't believe the fun you'll have with an airbrush.

I'm a butcher as a painter, and it makes my stuff acceptable.

Plus, if you use water based paints, like Createx, fumes are much less a concern.

When I use rattle cans, I hang the lures from the tension rod on my overhead garage door, and spray out there, with a 20" box fan blowing out from my garage.

I'm careful not to breath that stuff. It can really mess you up.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks guys,I appreciate the good comments.I also thought they were pretty good for what I had to work with.I will be checking at hobby lobby for that 40% off when I get a place to airbrush.I already have a few guys wanting me to do some repaints for them.Right now I am just having fun with this,but I would love to be able to do what some of you do and make a little money on the side.Who knows I might not be able to use an airbrush worth a flip...Robert