kellure

Stencils

Have a couple ?'s ...What type of material do most folks use for stencils? Can you buy "lure-type" stencils or do you create your own from scratch?

BTW, Skeeter, thanks for all the info and help you've provided...great forum also, very informative.

Kellure

... Fishing crankbaits is like making an omelet, you've gotta break some eggs along the way.

I make my own stencils to paint my lures. Craft stores sell a clear sheets of a mylar material used for quilting blocks or something like that. The plastic is pretty flexible. I lay the clear palstic over a pattern that I've drawn and trace it onto tthe plastic with pencil. Then is cut it with an exacto knife on a self healing cutting broad. When you paint the lure the paint can be wipe off the plastic afterwards. You can make very small stencils with the plastic and it can be used forever.

Guest Anonymous

I use heavy aluminum foil that I conform to the shape of a lure side. I make two separate sides. I then use an exacto and a dremel to cut out my pattern.

USE HEAVY THICK FOIL! you can clean and reuse these over and over.

Chip