markc

Hildebrandt copper

Marc you might find a few out on Conechu River Start at 231 and work all the way down to Fish Trap Bridge ... I think a few Spinners may have been lost on a log or 2 , check below "Sunset Mountain" real good.

Been there done that ... =:^)

JSC

(Maybe one or two down on Walnut Creek)

Marc

I checked out Hildebrandt .. They are now owned by Yakima (I thought Luhr Jensen had bought them .. Wrong) They do not list a copper blade only nickel and gold. Checked out Willow Leaf (Okechobee (SP) Special ) and only Nickle and Gold .... I never remember a copper one by Hilde ... ??

JSC

Mark,

I used to work for Hildebrandt (pre Yakima). After Yakima came and cleaned out the factory, I helped dispose of what was left, which was quite a lot. A lot of unfinished discontinued baits including lead weighted frames and blades. Hildebrandt did make some copper blades and also some cool gun-metal black blades. I have a fair number of boxes of "stuff" in my garage that I have yet to sort thru. Send me an email and I will see what I can find.

I do have a page that is not actually linked on my site with some of the frames I know I have.

RedShad.com Online Tackle Shop

Rod

When I lived in Indiana, I used to see the copper blades all the time. After I moved out of the state, I haven't seen one Hildy any where. I used to cut off the blades and keep them. I threw the rest of the bait away.

Yakima bought them out. Wow I didn't know that.

This thread has been of interest to me. I sold a LOT of Hildebrandt MOSTLY "Snagless Sally" and 95% was GOLD ... the other 5% were in nickle. They had some other good baits but the Sally In this Area has allways been a big item. In my Avitar the 9 lb 12oz was seduced by "Sally" and a Red Uncle Josh Frog (Washington County Sand Hill Lakes) ... The #4 and #4 1/2 in in tide water is a must have and for the early spring on the Lower Apalachicola I had to special order a #5 unweighted (except for the hook weight). Hildebrandt purchased ( if I remember correctly) "Rat Trap" Bait Company that made the Plastic Skirts they used.

Later

JSC