rlcam

Funny story about "Women"

My wife and daughter think I have lost my mind over this website and painting lures.Last night my daughter wanted to see what you guys posted about my repaints with rattle cans.She thought it was so funny that we all talk like we know each other,so she told my wife to read the replys.After she read that beezerbassman posted on my "sexy shad"" color and that his paint booth was "easy" to move,this is what she said.Are you sure that some of you guys aren't a little "too" friendly and want each other to read between the lines of "sexy" and "easy".Now that I read the post on the Browneye color,I just hope she doesnt see that one.My wife was joking of course and was just ribbing me a little to amuse my daughter,she knows this hobby is alot better than the one I had when I was younger and dumber(drinking and acting like a moron,although it might cost as much in the long run)Women just don't get it,we could be doing alot worse on some other websites.My daughter is a young mother and is a member of Cafe Mom website,but doesn't think that is the same....man, she is just like her mother.Just thought you might like to hear what I have to put up with,but I love them both dearly....Robert

P.S. My grandbaby is a girl....Oh no, not another one.Maybe she will be like her dad,he likes to fish.

You're not alone...my wife pokes fun at me all the time about my "addiction". My daughter is too young to poke fun, so I figure I'll train her early. She's not even two yet, but she can look in my tackle bag and point out..."CRANKBAIT"! I don't know how long she'll be on the dark side, but I'll keep her here as long as I can. :lol:

Save yourselves lots of future headaches, as soon as the kids can walk around pretty well on uneven ground, regardless if they're a boy or girl, get them there own rod, reel, tackle, and tackle box - period. My kids are 28 and 26, both have been fishing since age 4, and while stationed near Alamogordo, NM, the closest fishing was trout. Any time a 4 yr old can catch a rainbow trout and have grown men trying to crowd them out of their spot that can't catch a thing... I feel like one proud Daddy. Still go fishing with them as often as I can.

Oh, my wife gives me grief able my addiction to TU also. She laughs and says we almost sound like "Stoners" form the 70's and I just tell her we're working on it.

guys i have a little story about the mrs. she used to ask why i did so many crankbaits to take to the shows that i attend she thought it was silly then she went to one of the shows that i do every year and run the cash register she was amazed at the buisness that was done.this year she was helping me do alot of the work in making my crankbaits and smiling all of the time we were working on it not only can she do any of the steps in it she is now learning to paint and is learning how to make a crankbait do certain things by altering weight or the placment of the weight or the lip angle or line ties ...........she is very interested in the design of crankbaits now and when she cant figure out how to make it do something she will try first before she comes to ask me how to do it:yeah:the only thing i wont let her do is run the routers she can do everything else ................jawjacker

my wife bought me an airbrush 25 years ago. since then if she needs me im in the shop. while watching movies im either screwin around or hookin. thats her opinion. in reality building for a living does have its moments. the names of musky baits baffles her imagination. dogs balls really is a color. oh well after all these years shes accepted my addiction.

I feel your pain guys. My wife thinks Im a sick man and not even Dr. Phil can help me. The good thing is my 5 year old is just as crazy as me if you ask her. When he was 4 we would have to bring his fishing pole in his room at night because he couldnt sleep with it being all the way in the garage. HE can cast a fishing pole better than his 14 year old brother and fish all day and half the night if you let him. This year when it warms up Im going to bring him all the way over to the dark side and let him start painting his own fishing lures.

Thats ok..........Im a north eastener.........New Jersey. Wife and I are born and raised here. I am a designer for a medical device company. I go to work in shirt, tie, and polished shoes. I discovered this site about a week ago. I shaped up my first lure body yesterday. I thought it way cool that I was capable of doing it. Brought it in the house to show the little woman. What do I get? My wifes reaction was that she didnt say anything when I started watching Outdoor Life Network. Again she was quiet when I started fishing. She was even quiet when I bought a boat. I carve one wooden lure body and all of a sudden Im a "red neck". I told her that was a compliment to a fisherman and a craftsman..........

Sonny, tell her we're glad to have you as an honorary redneck! Now being White Trash is another story, they give rednecks a bad reputation...

My wife does all of the book keeping for me which allows me to concentrate on the lures. She loves the outdoors, shoots a rifle like a pure natural, loves the water, oohs and ahhhs over every new batch of baits, always is helping however she can. She also loves wild game and fresh fish, and whenever she makes a trip to Wal-mart, she asks if there's anything I need in "the fishing room". She likes Bass Pro Shops too!

Dean :)

Oh Dean you are making me sick with all that....She got a sister? No, I can say that I will never figure them women out,they drive me crazy at times,they cost me lots of money,but I love em,but by no means do I want another one.Theres a local tourny fisherman that use to fish the guys and dolls tournys around here with his wife.I saw them at Wal Mart one day and she was pondering over what color worms she needed.And I thought...I gotta have me one of them,a woman as eager as I am to get to the fishing section.The only reason my wife looks forward to going to the Nashville Bass Pro Shop is she knows she will get a couple of nights away from home and go shopping at Cool Springs Mall.

...I carve one wooden lure body and all of a sudden Im a "red neck"...

Hey Sonny...tell her there's a huge difference between country boys and rednecks or white trash as some may say. I grew up playing in creeks (that's streams to some..lol), swinging on rope swings, hunting for crayfish, riding dirt bikes and three wheelers in the woods, building tree houses, sledding in cow pastures, watching Hee Haw, shooting guns, and all of that other country stuff; BUT I still have all of my teeth, my cousins are of no other relation to me than that of being my cousin, I don't have to go outside to use the bathroom, we don't have to fetch a pail of water to fill up the ol wash basin for a Saturday bath, we don't roll ALL of the sidewalks up when the streetlights come on, and we don't have to hitch up the ol mule to go into town to buy a bottle of pop...LOL. :lol::teef::lol:

Some of the best fishermen are from Japan, Cali, & ol Mike Ike is from up toward your way. Welcome to the TU and the honorary country life...:teef:

I heard that rlcam. I gotta get me one of those also. My daughter (9) started a new aol account and started sending me email on my website. I didn't recognize her screen name and I kept replying. How much, how quick , how do you do it, your stuff looks great. I thought I had a real admirer. Well here last email said I love you daddy. They can always make you smile cant they............

So I just finished a lure I'd been working on off and on for over two months. My girlfriend asked me if I'd make her one. I was excited and asked her if she'd use it. She said "No, but it's pretty." Little disheartened, but I guess its a start and she did promise to go fishing with me three times this summer. No complaints here.

My wife will go fishing with me okay, she just won't actually fish. Generally, she puts on a big floppy hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and reads while I fish. She's sounding like she wants to bring her notebook with a WiFi connection and a power converter... did I just not realize this is was her way of saying, "Go ahead honey, you can buy a NEW marine battery... you can get two for $500, well go ahead and do that..."???