CA Delta

Handmade Swimbait

Interesting.

How did you arrive at that joint design? I've haven't seen it before, but it seem to work, at least at slower speeds.

How does it swim with a fast retrieve?

What kind of a hinging scheme did you use?

And.....so many questions, so little time!

It looks great.

I think the color scheme will be dynamite with clown fish (joke). Seriously, it sure stands out. A great scheme for low light, or off colored water. I don't know if it will be good in clear water on a slow retrieve, but you never know.

Let us know how it works out.

And welcome to the site.

Thanks for the feedback. BobP is right, thats electrical phase tape holding everything together while I move & add more weight. This lure was 11" long & weighs 7oz. The hinge system was from a tie down stap for a motorcycle. The bad news is it absorbed the water into the belly cavity where the weights were placed. The head started sinking a little bit. I didnt like that. So Im on #3. Just got my stainless steel scew eyes in. Here we go again, man I love a good challenge. Thanks again CA Delta.

Tape! Dang, Bob, you've got good eyes. No wonder my paint jobs alway look good to me, I'm blind! :o)

Seriously, the strap hinge idea is a good one. Maybe you just need to find different strap material. I'm curious how your joints will work with screw eyes. That's such an unique design. Hat's off to you.

By the way (he said, trying to sound casual), what is your lure made from?