thedude

couple spiral wraps

benefits of the spiral wrap are that it puts the load under the rod.. there's a few pictures floating around where you can see a rod with a big fish on it.. and the tip is twisted up-side down. Putting the guides on the bottom relieves the urge for the rod to twist. I don't think thats all that big of a deal for a mid-weight bass rod though. Lets be honest.. a 5lb bass on a med or med heavy rod isn't much weight when compared to a 100lb sturgeon or tuna or something. My chances of getting any bass over 8lbs in michigan are slim to none so.. its probably more or less for show!:lol:

something different anyway, figure it was worth a shot...i'm going to rig it up w/ some 8lb yozuri and i'm hoping to use it to throw some of the more finnesse baits that i would typically use a spinning rod for. :yay:

Isn't that what they used to call a "Roberts Wrap.I had a rod like that back in the "80's" and it was supposed to cut down on line twist.

That isn't a Robert's Wrap...the one guide offset the others is the give away. There are several different methods to spiral wrapping and the Roberts Wrap is just one of them...and my preferred method.

Advantages to spiral wrapping in my opinion

i strung up the 904 to take fishing tomorrow and it broke halfway between 2 & 3rd guides from the tip when i put a load on it :( man i'm bummed... i trimmed it back and put a new tip on it and its still good, but its definitley a M now instead of a ML. can't send it back cuz i got it on ebay.. guess i won't go that route again.

That sucks!! I'm sorry to hear that.

i guess the good news is that it still has good action... i think i can get away without rewrapping/spacing all the guides... i fished a 1/4oz finesse jig on it all day sat and the action is pretty good for that. kind miffs me that it says "ML 7'6" under the finish though... oh well its my rod, so its only gonna bother me.:whistle:

I don't know about the Allstar, but the Rainshadow blanks have a warrantee on them. As long as you weren't high sticking it, you might be able to get it replaced?

RAINSHADOW BLANK WARRANTY AND SERVICE POLICY

All Rainshadow rod blanks are individually manufactured and inspected with the utmost care. However, should failure occur due to defects in materials or workmanship (to be determined by (Rainshadow), the rod blank would be repaired or replaced (to be determined by (Rainshadow) for no charge during the warranty period. Rainshadow will not warranty blanks designed as fly rods that are used as casting or spinning rods.

All Rainshadow blanks RX8+, RX7+, IF, ISB, ISJ, IC, 1MB, Ip, IFS, 1FT, CB, IS, ISp, IMU, XMU, ISA, 1ST, DR, HS feature our LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY. All Rainshadow blanks SWS, SW, SU, RT feature our 3 YEAR WARRANTY. All Forecast blanks F, MB, SB, FT, SJ, SH, Sp, SPG, SWB, TS, FSU, Solid Glass feature our 2 YEAR WARRANTY.

The consumer must make all warranty claims directly to Rainshadow. Rainshadow dealers or distributors are not authorized to perform warranty service for Rainshadow. Any repair work done outside of the Rainshadow factory will void the warranty. All blanks should be properly packaged and insured. A copy of the purchase receipt showing date of purchase and a check or money order for $ 15.00 for return shipping must accompany all warranty claims. Please ship all claims

TO:

Rainshadow / Forecast Fishing

Batson Enterprises/ Inc

130 Harrison Road, Suite 8

Sequim, WA 98382

1-877-875-2381 Ask for Warranty Department

Rainshadow rod blanks not covered under warranty may also be repaired or replaced at a reasonable charge. Blanks with warranties that have expired or blanks damaged by misuse, accident or normal wear are not covered under this warranty. Rainshadow will advise you of the cost of repair or replacement and wait for approval before proceeding. Please remove all components that you want to retain before sending the blank back for warranty claim. Rainshadow is not responsible for guides, cork, reel seats or any other items attached to the blank. Our warranty covers the blank only. This warranty is limited to repair of the blank and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the blank. Some states don't allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.

I don't know about the Allstar, but the Rainshadow blanks have a warrantee on them. As long as you weren't high sticking it, you might be able to get it replaced?

this one came out someone's surplus supply so i didn't get a warranty card or anything is the problem. it had the model number etched into base of the blank, but was not new in the package and had a couple small blemishes where it had rubbed against some other blanks. Oh well.. i paid 18$ for a 95$ blank... and its still a good rod.