Boskabouter

Made a drying wheel; Thanks to you all!

I made a drying wheel to get better results on my clearcoats.

Nothing fancy though. I took some woodleftovers and electrical wire, 5rpm microwave motor, couple of hours in the garage and.......it does what it should! Turning lures:)

Thanks to all of you guys for endless inspiration and so much info.

Foto-D33IRNP8.jpg

Foto-GJSEYUZD.jpg

Foto-FJCACCGF.jpg

Grtz Paul

You got the idea of turning lures ... That's the most important thing.

The lure seems loose a little bit. If you will put many on the wheel, they might touch each other. I suggest that you replace one of the "s" wires with a spring, or similar.

The base plate should be extended or fixed somehow to the table, otherwise accidents might happen.

I made my own lure turning wheel also,I have my lures set on mine to turn end to end instead of yours sitting sideways,I was wondering does anyone have an idea on the the best way to afix your lures (end to end or sideways as this one)I have had no problems with mine so far,It seems it gives the epoxy a longer way to travel length ways,any thoughts?

I made my own lure turning wheel also,I have my lures set on mine to turn end to end instead of yours sitting sideways,I was wondering does anyone have an idea on the the best way to afix your lures (end to end or sideways as this one)I have had no problems with mine so far,It seems it gives the epoxy a longer way to travel length ways,any thoughts?

on my wheel I have 6 runners that runs from one end to the other. then the lure suspends in a rack shaped like this |___|. Then take your rack with the lure suspended inthe middle of it and either use a clamp tohold it to the runner or bolt it to the runner. You can really stack up some baits on your wheel this way.

I think that theoretically it is better to turn your lures horizontally than end to end, because less epoxy could travel over the same area. In the case of end to end turning, all the epoxy tends to migrate towards one end of the lure, while in the sideways movement the epoxy would want to migrate to a line between the 2 ends of the lure. This is theory.

But practically I think there could be no big difference, or no difference at all between the 2 systems.