Lockes

Newbie Crankbait question

I forgot to tell you that the Createx paint is for an airbrush. If you think this is something you are for sure going to stick with go with the airbrush. I started off using vinyl and spent a lot of money on paint I will never use again. Vinyl is good for dipping though and very durable.

Dan

Well do you use vinyl for the base coat or what?

I will be using mainly store bough plastic bodies I guess....although lots of you use wood (I can see myself getting addicted to this)

Are cranks the wrong thing to start with?

I live in South Africa. I tried Upnorthoutdoors.com Stamina components and they supposedly ship internationally but I emailed them and have heard nothing more from them yet

I would start with a cheap airbrush from ebay or some other source and the createx paint. You can order it from many places on the net. I use krylon fusion flat white spray paint for my base coat. Really any flat white paint should work fine.

If you are going to use factory baits you will need to rough them up with some sandpaper or course steelwool before you shoot the base coat.

Hope this helps you and have fun.........Oscar