smitty919

new paint f.x what do ya think..

Mist water on the dried base coat, mist contrasting color(slow drying paint; enamel spraycan works good) over it let it dry off completely without being distubed and clear it. The effect can be further enhanced by shooting the contrasting color at an angle to shade the droplets. Smitty might have done it a little different but the final results will be very close to the same.

Oh yes! Nice looking plug smitty!

Mist water on the dried base coat, mist contrasting color(slow drying paint; enamel spraycan works good) over it let it dry off completely without being distubed and clear it. The effect can be further enhanced by shooting the contrasting color at an angle to shade the droplets. Smitty might have done it a little different but the final results will be very close to the same.

Oh yes! Nice looking plug smitty!

that is how i do it only thig i do also is i will put a clear coat on first and as it is still tacky spray the water on it.

it helps hold the drops in place.

they both look good.

i know how to get that water droplet effect too. its pretty cool.

but perhaps you want to hold the spray can at a bit higher angle. this should give your water drops more shadow on one side, making em look more 3-D and more like water drops instead of polka dots.

but they DO look good as they are ;)

DSV the closer to 0 degrees will give more shading not a higher angle. There are several things you can do with enamel over a base. You can take and spray enamel over a lacquer base then take a natural sponge with fast drying reducer and imprint patterns into the enamel or take a woodgrain tool while the enamel is still wet and produce woodgrain. Then take translucent toner and spray over the woodgrain to produce a natural wood effect. Or take cellophane and lay it on the wet enamel and quickly pull it off for a cellophane wrap effect.