boomah21

etex

Hobbytown carries it. Ace Hardware catalogs it which means that if they don't stock it, they can order it for you, and get it on the next truck run, usually about a week. Their daily shelf price is very good also, by far the best of anywhere I've seen it. ...the helpful hardware man...indeed.

Dean

I've found that E-tex is good if you are coating multiple baits because of its slow cure time but I've recently made the switch to Devcon 2 Ton and I'm very happy with it. It's much less messy (no dripping) and cures in about 30 minutes - perfect for doing one or two baits at a time. Not trying to talk you out of E-tex of course - just my observation.

I use Etex, and it will stiffen after about ten minutes. A little heat from a hair dryer restores it's flow. With the hair dryer, it stays usable for about 45 minutes. After that, I would worry that it might not flow, so I've never tried to use it after that time.

I just started using D2T for coating my joints before I top coat with Etex. So far, so good. I'm surprised at how little working time I have with D2T. After ten minutes, I can't spread it at all.