boomah21

Paint

Check out you tube lots of videos on airbrushing. I'm still a beginer but Im learning all kinds of stuff from the forum. I can do a basic paint job on lure with shadeing and stuff.

But right now I'm learning dagger strokes. I bought some news print paper and I've been praticing on it for the last week at least a couple hours a day.

It help me to figure out PSI for which type painting I'm doing and I'm tampering around with paint thickness and stuff. It's also helping me get familiar with the airbrush.

If you want to paint a good lure you have to learn how to airbrush not just airbrush lures.

Yeah I have watched a number of those videos online however have never really watched someone good paint a lure. I agree that it def takes practice and you should be good with an airbrush first in order to paint nice baits.

Thanks for the info and I would love to hear/see suggestions and videos if anyone cares to get some up and share.

Yeah I know what your saying personaly I'd like to see someone paint a bait out of curiosity to see what I'm doing different.

I've only been painting for about 2 months. A year or so ago this board used to have alot more info on it. From what I understand is the site crashed or something and alot of it was lost. Thier was some realy good stuff when I did my searches.

This should inspire you.

Spray Paint Art 1 Video - Metacafe

Spray Paint Art 3 Video - Metacafe

Thats not a bait or an airbrush but the techniques are all the same. You will have to have a little imagination. Use the little things you see in each of the videos you find and run with it.

This site still has the best information on lure making I have ever seen.