DickMac2000

Work in progress: 'Twisterjerks'

Hi there,

I've been watching all the beautiful stuff you people make and now it's time for me to post something!

I've been building these 'twisterjerks' for 1 1/2 year now and the have proven to be excellent jerks for pike on shallow water!

I still have to coat these with E-tex and finish them with a twistertail.

I'll post another pic when they're finished....

They're 4 inches long and weight 1.5 oz. (a bit small for your standards I believe, but ideal for shallow Dutch ditches)

Let me hear what you think of them!?

p1020816oo1.jpg

Greetz,

Dick

p1020816oo1.jpg

Very well done. My only recommendation would be to move the front hook hangers back a little on the next batch because it looks like the hook would be able to catch the line.

That problem doesn't occur in actual practice..... I have put them as far from eachother as possible, to be able to put the weight on the spots I want.

I have tested and tested the jerk and now it's perfect.

Great looking baits. I want to see that hollowed out area at the back of the bait.

Why are you interested in that hole? Nothing more than a drilled out hole with a nail in the middle! ;) There will be a twister attached to it.

Like this:

p1020839nd1.jpg

The result is this.... the jerk needs a few layers of coating, I just assembled the tail for the pic.

The twister will be assembled by putting superglue on the nail and cut-off side of the twister.

Before assembly, I pierce the twister so that it can be put on the nail without using to much force...

p1020840pm2.jpg

Greetz,

Dick

Those look great! If you dont mind me asking, what type of wood did you use?

I always use Mahogany wood for my jerkbaits.

Dick. They all look very professional.

How are you attaching the tails? Looks like a nail head just showing at the rear end. Pushed on with a spot of glue may be?

Yes, a bit of superglue on the nail and the cut-off end of the twister.

Thank you all for your kind replies!!!

I'll try and post a pic or two later....

Greetz,

Dick

My friend is 'hooked' on my twisterjerks and they are (almost) the only jerks he fishes with. I can't be proud everytime he catches something! :lol:

However, I was proud when I caught the first fish on my twisterjerk.... (Although I knew they were pretty good, just by looking at the action of the jerk.) Confidence is everything....

Greetz,

Dick

Dick, your lures look great. I have not made such a lure yet, but I intend to. Can you tell me how are they weighted? Do they float, or do you like them to be slightly heavier than water? After all, a twister has a better action in the water than at the surface.