RiverMan

Epoxy exhaust systems

Jed, try this link for exhaust info: West Coast Airbrush- Dedicated to the advancement of T-shirt Airbrushing

The info is about half way down the page. The setup they describe is somewhat similar to what I have with the exception of I diverted the fumes to an outside vent vs re-circulating. Small loss of a/c or heat is a no brainer when it comes to saving your lungs. The above combined with an overhead fan and a source for fresh air keeps it moving well. I wear a respirator most of the time due to allergies, however the items above take the fumes out of the room in case anyone else comes in. Good luck.

If you can, Kellure's outside vent is a better option. If you don't have a good activated carbon filter in the overhead recirculating system, it will just circulate the fumes back into the room.

And if you don't close/seal the activated charcoal filter when the hood's not being used, it will continue to soak up fumes from the room, and become saturated more quickly.

If you ventilate the fumes to the outside, there's no mechanical thing to go wrong.

For me, the worst part is not knowing if the filter is working or not. I also have allergies, and hate wearing a respirator (I feel like Darth Vadar), but, if I do, I want to be sure it's working. Nothing worse than finding out it's not when you start to smell the fumes it's supposed to filter out.