jerkn

createx/envirotex questions

For any of you guys using createx/envirotex do you do anything to prep the paint before applying the envirotex? Doesn't seem like it would hold up to even a light sanding.

Do you scuff the envirotex between coats, and how long do you have to wait between coats?

Thanks.

I don't do anything to it except make sure it is clean. There is no need to sand the createx before coating with epoxy. If you are repainting a factory lure then you need to sand it before you paint. Thats only to help the paint stick better. If you apply two coats of etex I would hit it with some acohol before the second coat. Hope this helps........Oscar:teef:

I've recoated Etex after some repairs on a bait after a month, and I just scuffed it with a green scotch brite pad, the kind you use in the Kitchen. Then wipe with alcohol and recoat.

If you recoat after only 24hrs, no need to do any other prep, just recoat, as long as you haven't touched the lure. After 24hrs, wipe it down with alcohol and recoat. No need to scuff it as long as it relatively fresh.

Hi All:

On a similar note, after applying etex to a wood bait as a protective coat (base coat instead of sanding sealer), do you apply createx right over the etex or do you have to apply a primer of some sort before the createx pattern goes on? I am new to createx and would like to start using it for my muskie baits.

Thanks,

Jim