jacl

lead paints - any restrictions similar to the lead sinker?

I have some paints that contain lead that give more brilliant and unique colors that I cannot reproduce with other paints.

!) Is there a push against lead paints for lures similar to the restrictions on lead sinkers?

2) Are there any laws restricting lure manufactures from using lead paints?

3) I heard Canada has banned lead from lures. Does that include lead paint?

As always your input is highly valued!

I think you'll need to contact whatever state or province you're worried about, and ask their version of the Enviromental Protection Agency.

I know, here in California, the rules and regulations are totally confusing, so I would have to aske the question myself, and I've lived and fished here all my life.

Please dont read into this as me being a smart ass here but unless you are manufacutring on a large scale, selling on an interstate commerce level, I would just leave this subject alone and not rattle the cage.

I know of at least 2 hardbait manufactureres that still use lead base paint and they are world wide.

Regards,

Blades

By The Way. My Jig Heads are sold Nation Wide and In Canada. The Law requires me to have the appropriate warnings on the package. If you package the baits you are painting I would just put a card in the package with a warning.

Edited by Blades and Baits

Lead Poisoning is a medical condition, also known as saturnism, plumbism, or painter's colic caused by increased blood lead levels. Lead may cause irreversible neurological damage as well as renal disease, cardiovascular effects, and reproductive toxicity.

See here; pete

Lead poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

only 9 DAYS TO LIFT OFF

Edited by hazmail