haulinbass227

possible new record large mouth

I Don't Know About Ny But In Ohio You Don't Need A Licsence To Fish Any Private Pond!

BUT a NY DEC Officer has no right to be on private property

asking you for any form of identification either, that being the case.......

He was ticketed, so he was NOT on a private pond, or private

property for that matter......

I for one do hope he catches that fish again "Legally" and sets

the record straight......

Edited by Bassbum

He was ticketed, so he was NOT on a private pond, or private property for that matter...

That's part of the madness...according to the story, he was on a remote pond that no one ever fishes. I don't know about NY, but in NC there are no "remote ponds" that are public property that a wildlife official would visit. Wildlife officials usually stick to patrolling the major rivers and lakes in NC, BUT that's NC.

I for one do hope he catches that fish again...

If the story is true, I agree...

Hmmmm, go back and read the original post again. It says a small pond. It is located near Albany and the people that do fish it fish at the end where there are no trees or bushes on a small beach. My son was at the other end where no-one fishes and no access other than winding his way through heavy underbrush where most city folk won't go. The warden saw him from the other end and went around to check him out. My son didn't see him at the other end and that's how he got caught. Bet he wishes he was more allert or had been a little wiser and got his license before fishing.. Oh well his loss. He has just learned a very expensive lesson. In NY it doesn't matter where you fish you are still governed by the fish and game laws accept for some private ponds of which this was NOT a private pond.

Well Thats a bummer, I hope your son does go back and catches that fish again. As for the picts Haullin bass, take your time, the anticipation of the nonbelievers is great! Take all the time you need. And if ya need help PM or email me and we will get them posted. Your son has paid his dues for the no liscense. Its time to brag about the monster! Record or no record. Time to frame them picts and have a replica of the fish made to hang on the wall.

...which this was NOT a private pond.

Ooooooh, was this like one of those little public "pond beaches" where you can go and swim and ride around in canoes and paddleboats? We have a few of those around here, but they're usually in a remote area....I wouldn't think a wildlife official would visit, but that's here in NC and anythings possible.

I envisioned this quiet, little farm pond in the middle of a beautiful green field with birds chirping and stuff....:lol:

Make sure your license is up to date :huh:

You have a way to download pictures from the camera you take a picture of your record with:oooh:

Get it all together before posting on a forum due to grief you may get from unbelievers:teef:

Some may not believe but you still have believers here waiting with baited breath:wink::yes:

Thank you for the advice. I was just thinking about this mistake when i read your post.

would have been alot better if i did wait but was so excited i decided to go ahead with

it not expecting my son to take so long with the pics. Dam kids. lol With all the wise ass

remarks it almost makes me want to say to heck with it but i won't. I can only imagine

all the flack that will appear from all the experts that think they can tell how much

a fish weighs by looking at a picture. Watch when i post them and you will see that select

few that have to do everything they can to discredit it as they have done with there past

replies. If thats what makes them happy then they have a very sad life.

2 weeks.

- A 9-page thread with 89 posts.

- Several non-believers who feel compelled to nit-pick and make every attempt to dispute and dissect every sentence, phrase, word, and letter. (Those are what we used to call "Chithouse lawyers"...)

- A few staunch supporters of the "wait and see" philosophy.

This is wothy of Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes literature!

I, too, eagerly await the definitive photographs - which I am sure (as previously addressed) will be disputed.

This whole thing is just too damn funny!

I've been following this story since first posted. I'm looking forward to pictures of this out-size Northern strain largemouth. I assume with a warden being there, that measurements were taken, but I don't remember reading whether or not this was mentioned.

Dean

How Do You Participate? To participate in New York State's Angler Achievement Awards Program, simply follow these guidelines:

• Fish must be taken by angling in New York State waters in accordance with New York State fishing regulations.
  • Fish must meet the minimum qualifying weight or length for that species and the entered category.
  • Fish entered in the Annual Award and State Record categories must be weighed on a certified scale by the owner of the scale or an employee, and must be witnessed by at least one other person.
  • Fish submitted as a potential State Record entry must be identified by a DEC biologist or a designee.
  • Qualifying fish must be entered on an official entry form or facsimile.
  • All entries must be accompanied by a clear, sideview photograph of the fish or the angler with the fish.
  • Entry forms must be received by DEC's Bureau of Fisheries within 30 days of the catch.

For more specific information on the rules, see Rules for Entry. For an official entry form, click here (Entry Form-107KB pdf file), or you can obtain one from any DEC Regional Fisheries Office, or by writing to: NYSDEC, Bureau of Fisheries, 625 Broadway, Albany, New York 12233-4753.

Remember, if you catch a trophy fish in New York State water, DEC wants to hear about it!!!

I was on the NYS DEC web and I found this info about fish qualifing for a state record.

the only difference with these rules is when it is catch and release only in new york

during the spawn, you can measure it and weigh it on the scene with your own scales and

apply with your own statistics from your own scale. This fish was weighed with his own digital scale

which can be certified after the fact. Doesn't matter anyway cause he had no license but

thanks for posting it.

is he waiting for opening day to post the pics ? :whistle:

Just kidding............I am sure we are all anxiously awaiting

and being this thread has been going on for 2 weeks, it's

getting tiresome...:yawn:

He was prepared enough to have a scale, tape measure, AND

a camera with him when he went fishing (sans license).........:huh:

So he was obviously prepared "enough" to catch a big fish.

But he has no way to retrieve the pictures ? :nuhuh:

Why carry a camera ?

Just my $1.380..........:)