haulinbass227

possible new record large mouth

I WANT PICS!!!!

Jeez, its one thing to state the claim that you son has caught the NY record bass saying you have pics, but its another to not have the pictures. I feel like I have been cheated and taken a fool. Good chance its all for attention.

Patience, patience...

Doesn't sound like an attention grabber to me, sounds like a proud Poppa.

How old is he btw?

I bet hes around 20 with so much "stuff" going on that it isn't a priority for him like it is his Pops. Especially since the state won't recognize it.

That kind of news would be so depressing I would still be kicking my self in tha a$$ for be a numskull and i wouldn't be in a hurry to prove I have accomplished nothing in the eyes of the officials.:teef:

Everybody chill and remember when you were a kid.

Yeah... no he's in his 30s.I really hope this turns out to be the real deal.I have been hard on the guy for not getting the pics but like ive said in previous pics i have seen this before.A guy makes a statement or posts an outragous report and nothing ever materializes.Let it be known that I was the first to congratulate this guy.I was also the first to say this was a B.S story too so whatever.Maybe the guy was abducted by aliens and they stole the pictures.Or he was fishing in the Bermuda triangle and dropped them overboard.

I still have no doubt it was the real deal. Proud father bragging about a story his son told him and he whole heartedly believed. If there is any deception involved and I still am not leaning that way it would be on his sons end, not his. I still say give him time. The Disk is in the mail. Could easily take 3 or 4 days not including weekend. I am convinced the pictures will come. With all the #### that has been thrown his way he has taken it like a man. Hasnt just dropped off into cyberspace like it would have been so easy to do. He showed up day after day and debated and took everyones comments, not backing down from anyone. Why do that if you had no intentions of posting the picts to back your story up? Sorry but I have seen the BS fish storys also. This does not strike me as one of them. The picts are comming.

TU has taught me that is better to give the benefit of the doubt. On more than one occasion I have dived in with a judgement call, only to be wrong. Being wrong, especially on a challenge on someones personal integrity, does not feel very good, believe me.

Well being from NH I've been dying to see this hog for weeks now. I feel like a child waiting to see Santa Claus coming down the chimney only to wake up in the morning with out seeing him. I've been checking this everyday hoping that at least the presents show up and we can see what we've been looking for. Maybe someday it'll happen or maybe not. If it's true congrats but if it's not, we all wasted a lot of time, so be it. I'll try and catch my own pictures. Good luck to all.

WOW after 104 posts and 3,431 views it doesn't look good.

Not to mention 22 days and counting.

Here's something else that's been bothering me... the ONLY WAY to officially apply for a New York State fishing record is to submit the following form:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/AAAentryform.pdf

(also see pages 47-53 of the New York State Freshwater Fishing Regulations - http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/06-08revisedfishregsguide.pdf)

If you try to do it any other way, New York State will tell you to fill out the form and they will then consider your catch. If you'll notice, NOWHERE on that form does it ask you for your fishing license number.

The form also has to be notarized and, unless the fish was kept, the DEC Fisheries Biologist would need photos in order to fill out Section F of the form.

So, that means your son was able to get photos developed, fill out the form and have it notarized, submit it, and get a written response back from the DEC in under 2 weeks. That's pretty amazing. And even though the form doesn't ask for his fishing license number, that's the reason his claim was rejected?

Edited by fishstory

I decided to do a little research on this, since recently the doubters on this thread have been called into question. I just got off the phone with the New York State Angler Achievement Awards program. Their number (as listed in the NYS Freshwater Fishing Regulations) is 518-402-8891. I spoke to a lovely woman (feel free to PM me if you want her contact info) and she informed me that ALL submissions for NYS records go through her office, regardless of whether they are ultimately accepted or rejected. She verified that her office has received ZERO submissions for a record largemouth bass in the last 2 MONTHS. Allow me to repeat myself just to be clear - ALL submissions for NYS records go through her office, regardless of whether they are ultimately accepted or rejected.

If this doesn't call into question the validity of the entire story, I don't know what does.

haulinbass, if there is any truth to your story, please post at least one of the following immediately:

1) The pictures (it has been 5 days since your son burned several disks with the photos).

2) The name of the DEC officer who witnessed the catch. All 300 officers are listed on pages 90-93 of the NYS Freshwater Fishing Regulations. I've already provided the link to that.

3) A scan of the letter from the DEC to your son informing him that his submission for a NYS record was denied.

Any one of those should be extremely easy for you to produce (especially #2) at this point.

By the way, I also found out from her (and I was very disappointed to here this) that NYS policy is to only award records for fish that have been physically examined first-hand by a NYS fisheries biologist. Photos don't count. So unfortunately this means that you basically have to sacrifice the fish if you want your name in the record books. She said that other states award records for fish that have been caught and released with photographic evidence, but NY does not. That's a bummer. It seems an awful shame to have to kill the fish to get the record.

Edited by fishstory

It was all bull right from the get-go. Too many holes in the story. This guy was a classic bulls****er. I doubt that we'll ever hear from haulin' bass again. He is probably on to another website starting another BS story. That is how he gets his kicks.

You must feel real confident in your newfound lawyer that thinks he has all the facts but guess what??? He is talking through a paper a#$ho*^> He only knows the record was denied because of no license. My son went in personally and talked to NY and they said don't fill out the forms because it was an illegally caught fish because of no license. I guess you all have the right to your own opinions. No more responses to your negative posts. Next time you hear from me i will have the pictures in hand.

You must feel real confident in your newfound lawyer that thinks he has all the facts but guess what??? He is talking through a paper a#$ho*^> He only knows the record was denied because of no license. My son went in personally and talked to NY and they said don't fill out the forms because it was an illegally caught fish because of no license. I guess you all have the right to your own opinions. No more responses to your negative posts. Next time you hear from me i will have the pictures in hand.

Pictures in hand dont do us any good.We need pictures here!

"I want to believe!"

The worst about this, as I'm still a believer, is I just got a call from one of my friends today saying that there was just a 12lb 24" LM Bass caught out of the pond I fish in quite often. Not sure if it would be a state record, but still a massive fish. As the kids who claim to have caught it are both young and relatively unintelligent I do not fully believe the story. Just reminded me of this way too much... weird as it is I still believe this one way more then the one from my neck of the woods. Id post pictures but they say they must have gotten deleted off their cell phone somehow. I hope their both true, and your son catches it again, and I catch the one in my pond :)

That is great. I think it's also great that the Kansas fish was caught on Saturday (5/3) and the newspaper ran the story + photo a mere 2 days later.

Compare that to this NYS fish:

4/13/08: Fish caught

4/14/08: Story posted on Tackleunderground.com

4/14/08 - 4/30/08: haulinbass' son spends more than 2 weeks trying to find a cable so that he can download the photos onto his computer

4/30/08: soccerer requests that haulinbass post the name of the DEC officer who witnessed the catch and whose name is on the ticket issued to haulinbass' son for fishing without a license. No response.

5/1/08: haulinbass' son tries unsuccessfully 3 times to email out the pictures

5/1/08: haulinbass' son burns several disks with the pictures so that he can mail them out "in the morning"

5/2/08: Disk(s) mailed

5/6/08: I make a second request for the name of the DEC officer so that anyone can verify this story. No response.

5/7/08: Still no pictures

Classic internet troll tactics #101:

1) Post sensational tale, saga, story, or claim on a forum.

2) Promise to post proof, validation, support, or evidence "soon."

3) Respond to requests for delayed proof by side-stepping and making excuses.

4) As increasing numbers of posters become suspicious, become "incensed" and start playing the victim, continuing to claim proof is coming.

5) When it's obvious you're full of shee-ott, pull the ol' "You're not worthy of my fantastic and amazing proof" routine and vanish into the sunset.

6) (optional) continue to haunt the forum and make a fool of yourself.

Sad. Very very sad.