5 replies to this topic

#1 clemmy

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:24 PM

Het All,

Does anyone have a lead on where you can get a metal paint stencil made with a lure name? What I'm thinking of is like the old Heddons, etc. used to have. All I can find are people that do the big stencils in metal like safety signs, etc.

I do have a Japanese lure making book that shows a maker using one, but of course the description is in Japanese!

#2 smitty919

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:31 PM

if you find some one to make you one i will like to get in line for one also...

with my name not yours lol...:whistle:

#3 mark poulson

mark poulson

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,783 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

I think you may have more luck finding a decal that you can have your signature printed on, and then clear it onto your lure.
Most signatures have overlaps that make stenciling difficult.
I do not know of a decal supplier, but I do know it is an existing technology, and is used by lure makers.

#4 Striperknight

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Looking into having a rubber stamp made. I saw a lure maker had one of these made and it was cool.

#5 Palmetto Balsa

Palmetto Balsa

TU Supporter

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

It can be done. A laser can cut the sheet metal the way you want it. I have a friend that has about 50+ stencils cut for his baits. They work good but only to an extent. I think it would give your baits the signature you are looking for. Try to contact someone that has a laser cutter in a welding job. They should be able to use a piece of paper with your logo and cut it the exact same way. I would get 4 or 5 done in SS at the same time because the little detailed areas can get bent or fall out easy if you are not careful.
I don't know the person that does it.

#6 Tman2

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

While looking for airbrush tattoo paint for my daughter, I seem to remember coming across sites that offered custom stencils. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, but that might be something that would work, and at less cost.
This is one I found...
Design your own speciality tat stencil - TAT Store

I just searched custom airbrush stencils on Google.