eddiesgal

Need some input on popular eye color

I think 1/4 and 3/16" (don't know mm) are the most common sizes used on bass baits. Silver, red, and gold with round black pupils are the most common. Many Japanese lures now come with pupils shaped like cat's eyes. Don't think that's realistic for prey fish but they're popular nonetheless.

These are the eyes I use on my products now.(softbaits) I really like the way the eyes look.

There is a color called blue pearl. Don't be fooled by the name, it's a nice fish eye color and has a reflective quality to it. Also, the amber is a nice smallie color.

The product is very good and; most importantly; Ed and Lisa are very nice to deal with.:yay:

www.novalures.com

Edited by nova

Braveviper,

We can now get the eyes with 18 diff. pupils in them, but don't know if they have or will have a eye that has a starts off as a large round dot and comes down to a point on other side or not. But after looking it up on the internet under fish eyes, I made a copy and sent it to the diff. supplier, Just maybe they can help us all out.

Thanks,

Ed.

BobP, as for the mm that the way we have to order them, Here's a quick chart as to a change over into inches.4mm or 5/64''7mm or 9/64''10mm or 13/64''13mm or 33/64''18mm or 39/64''5mm or 3/32''8mm or 5/32''11mm or 13/32''14mm or 17/32''20mm or 41/64''6mm or 1/4''9mm or 11/64''12mm or 15/64''16mm or 5/8''22mm or 7/8''

as to the 1/4'' and 3/8'' we will be carring these eye sizes

ed.

MuskyGary,

We are gonna keep all the eyes we have and sell as of now.

But we now have been in contact with a new supplier that has diff. color

without the post on the back.

And after seeing the fish eyes, like the bass eyes, we copyed and pasted it,

and sent it to the suppler. They said that they could make any shape of pupil.

But it would be a black tear drop style, with gold, silver, white, yellow back ground,

they can only do one color.

So, we are waiting on a price list now. Hope to hear soming in next day or so.

Thank for all the Help,

ED

MuskyGary,

We are gonna keep all the eyes we have and sell as of now.

But we now have been in contact with a new supplier that has diff. color

without the post on the back.

And after seeing the fish eyes, like the bass eyes, we copyed and pasted it,

and sent it to the suppler. They said that they could make any shape of pupil.

But it would be a black tear drop style, with gold, silver, white, yellow back ground,

they can only do one color.

So, we are waiting on a price list now. Hope to hear soming in next day or so.

Thank for all the Help,

ED

Out of these colors, my preference would be a yellow background as a first choice and a silver for as a second .......

Hi Lisa

I bought a load of eyes from you recently. My own preference is for red, I use red almost all the time. I did find that the eyes I bought were quite bulky in the profile and if anything could do with slimming down a little as when on the lure surface they do tend to be 'frog' eyed and really need to be recessed. That is not a criticism only an observation.

Hi, lost my reply

We haven't ever done any thing with this new company. But they seem to wanna work with us.

We have no idea what the eyes will look like. We copied a picture and sent it to them, and they

said that they could make it, were gonna order the 6mm=1/4'', 10mm=3/8'' and 12mm=1/2''. They did

say that the 6mm was the smallest that they could do. We want to order a couple of colors to start with, so if no one likes them we don't have all these eye that no one wants. Thinking maybe to start with gold and silver. Then red, white and yellow.

Thanks for yor reply

ed