pikeman

Water bubble effect - with airbrush

Yesterday I was watching the Discovery Channel "how it's made" show, and it was presented the construction of a hockey helmet. At the final part of the show they got to the paint job, and what was interesting about it ( beside that they were using stencils and airbrushes ) was this particular effect. After they applied the base color paint , they let it dry, and sprayed some water over the helmet. Cause of the slippery surface , the water grouped in particles. Then the painter sprayed some paint over the helmet and the fine particles of paint were attracted by the water which was dried with hot air. So they obtained a cool water bubble effect :wink:

Think I'll try it in the near future

To see drops of water on a crankbait, this is something cool, because it would make me think of a cold bottle of beer, 15 min. after you have taken it out from the refrigerator, in summer time ....

But I am curious to know what would a fish think of some drops of water, swimming through the water?:?

Vman, I couldn't agree more. Not to mention that a fish could have a different understanding of physics, compared to beer drinkers (I am not one of them, though). The post above confirms it.

So pikeman, how many lures are you going to paint this way? Could you spare one?

yes its a flat side plug so i had to do 1 side at a time but it was quick.

after i did the first side i let it set up a little bit like 5 min and i lay a rag over top to soak op the water and lift off.

than filp and do the other side.

clear coat and let dry than epoxy wala.

all in all with out epoxy and the base coloe allready down it only too like 10 min to paint very easey to do.