Palmetto Balsa

MythBusters foamies, They need help.

I just saw the MythBusters fill a Volvo with 25 gallon (or less) of polyurethane foam. It did a good job of filling it but it looked like it got too hard before it could expand all the way.

What would they have needed to do to get it to fill all the way?

I don't think they used a release agent so it won't matter, but what would be the best way to cut a lip slot if they could get it to release. Also, did they need to make this as a wire through or will twisted eyelets hold if they use epoxxxy.

I just saw the MythBusters fill a Volvo with 25 gallon (or less) of polyurethane foam. It did a good job of filling it but it looked like it got too hard before it could expand all the way.

What would they have needed to do to get it to fill all the way?

I don't think they used a release agent so it won't matter, but what would be the best way to cut a lip slot if they could get it to release. Also, did they need to make this as a wire through or will twisted eyelets hold if they use epoxxxy.

Add more!:) Seriously, 16 lb will expand 4X in open conditions whereas 2 lb will expand 25-30 times, but will be much less dense.

If you want to "Foam" your neighbors Volvo, use 2 lb as it will fill it for less and render the car as useless as the higher density foam.