Weight: 62gr

baittype: sinking jerkbait

action: gliding action with a nice wobble while sinking/ holding still

The bottom one:

length: 13cm/ 6"

Weight: 57gr

baittype: slowsinking jerkbait

action: nervous gliding action

Both have a thick and hard polyurethane finish on them. Superb protection against water and teeth :teef:

I hope you like them.

Grtz Paul

Foto-QGHJUWJ3.jpg

Foto-8UGKKB4R.jpg

Foto-JITO3II6.jpg

Thanks guys.

@ Hazmail

These baits are made to seduce pike.

There are thousands maybe millions of shallow ditches, canals, lakes in Holland that have pike in them. Lot's of pikefishers just fish while walking along the sides of the ditches and canals. Most of these waters are just a few meters wide and about 1.5 meter deep. Slowsinking jerkbaits are hot overhere. Topwaters are the next fashion to come I bet.

I had heard that a pike fisherman is who first came up with the idea of dikes, to make habitat for pikes, and then the farmers figured out that they could use the land in between once it was dry. :wink:

Nice looking lures. Hope you are forced to touch them up often due to sharp teeth.

Hahaha, well exchange that fisherman for a monk and you're close to how it actually went :lol:

The greatest part of Holland is below sealevel so we need all the ditches, ponds and canals to drain the rainwater. Countless opportunities for fisherman!

@ Boskabouter ,

Your jerks are very nice and have a welldone paint finish .

I'm sure , they are so brigthly colored for better visibility , because those ditches and canals are most likely quite murky , due to the constant pumping out of water . We have such in some parts of Northern Germany as well .

Greetings , diemai

Beautiful, beautiful, and beautiful! You've got skill in making baits, now show us some pics and we'll see if you can catch the snoek as well as you can paint. Good luck

Hahaha, thx Kribman.

As soon as the season opens up again I will put up some pics. Well, that is if the snoek (pike) like these new baits.

I hear you guys think: season opens up again? :?

In Holland we have what we call "a closed season". During this time it is illegitimate to fish for several species like pike, zander an perch.

This is to protect these species while they are spawning (is that correct English?). Season opens up again on the 31st of may.

This period is a returning point of discussion each year because professional fishermen (that make a living out of it) don't have these restrictions and thus it easy for them to destroy spawning grounds and take away lots of fish.