jflures

what do you guys think?

They're all great, but the swim bait looks amazing AND the paint job.

It was particularly interesting to read that it swims well with that kind of tail. Previous reading would have suggested that the tail would kill the action. Your swim bait has changed my design ideas, I like the tail.

They're all great, but the swim bait looks amazing AND the paint job.

It was particularly interesting to read that it swims well with that kind of tail. Previous reading would have suggested that the tail would kill the action. Your swim bait has changed my design ideas, I like the tail.

Thanks to all of you. As far as the tail I had to add weight to it. With no weight it wanted to "float". Once I added weight (just a little) it work flawlessly. I also had to keep it the same width as the rest of the bait.

@ jflures

Mind lockjaw's words , in my opinion paint designs are primary subject to the sense of art of the maker and also the tools employed to work them out .

Lures neccessarily do not have to be premium works of art , and if they are , it is because the maker finds great pleasure in doing so .

I bet , you also felt this pleasure , when painting your lures , sitting in your workshop and in your imagination you've already almost felt that fish hanging on that lure .

And it is Mrs. Musky , that would have the the final word about your lures , not you nor nobody else !

Good Fishin' , diemai

I like 'um. You're in the same boat as me. I know i have the potential to break away and start painting bait to look like what i dream them to be, it's just a matter of time. The trick is go at a pace that is comfortable for you. If you start out too fast, you will absolutely burn yourself out and like me, you might have to take a few weeks off to reflect on the damage you've done. But I just got back in the game, and now the summer is coming, My trigger finger is getting happy, and i can't wait to paint. Good luck, and nice lures.