reefslinger

what kind of clamp?

I built a paint booth and drilled 1 hole in each side parallel to each other. Then on one side I attached a big swivel and a 6in spring I got from lowes, on the other side I put a 8in dowel with a handle attached outside the booth for turning and on the other end of the dowel I attached another 6in spring. With the springs you can paint any size bait without any mod's. I use a zip tie on the dowel (outside the booth) to keep the dowel from slipping, you can slide it where you need it and It has never slipped. If you want a pic let me know.

I forgot to add that you run a bolt through the middle of the bracket into a runner on your dryer then wing nut it tight. the baits spins vertical on the dryer and you can really load alot of baits on a rack. Years ago I learned that one from hanging out at Jack Cobbs bait shop.

Crankin - a pic would be great, I plan on building a booth soon.

Jamie - by runner do you mean the rod that fits into the rotiserie? Do you use that bracket for painting as well, or just top coat drying?

Thanks for the help guys.

Mike

Reefsinger I do use this bracket for painting and drying. The bracket fits on top of a flex pipe paint stand that I built.Each lure has its own bracket and when Im done painting then I clear, that way you dont handle the bait and contaminate the bait with the oil from your skin ,grease, or anything else that might be on your hands. And what I mean by a runner is instead of clamping your bait to your center shaft that runs into your motor you make a box shaped or cylinder shaped frame. Your center shaft that runs to your motor turns the frame. Your baits then clamp down to runners that run from one end of your frame to the other. I will post a pic of my dryer this week for you when I get a chance.